Caribbean Cruises

Write-up Cruise Wrap Up & Hurricane Update

Check out our sponsor Cruiseline.com! Test simple to use cruise research right here:

Hi Cruisers,

Sign up for us nowadays for a wrap up of our Alaska cruise, and updates on anything we know about the hurricane (Irma) in Florida and the Caribbean. Our ideas are with all those effected and in the route of this unsafe storm.
We review the information of our 10 night Grand Princess cruise from San Francisco, which include the ports (Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway and Victoria, BC), as very well as our excursions in each and every port. We go over the weather conditions, cruise foodstuff, and the highlights and downers.
Many thanks to all those of you who joined us Reside in the chat!

Social Media & Web-site Backlinks
Web-site

Social Media Backlinks

Affiliate Backlinks:
We obtain a little proportion from buys created from affiliate links that may possibly be contained in this description. This does not affect the amount of money you pay back in any way.

resource

1. Great video as usual. We've been dodging hurricanes. Our NCL Escape Western Caribbean became Eastern due to Harvey. We were then evacuated from Hilton Head for Irma after we got home. Fortunately it turned from a predicted direct hit when we left just some TS winds with nothing too bad other than minor flooding. I feel for all those involved in both storms. Matthew last year was only a Cat 1 and I saw personally how even a minor hurricane can affect life. I did see several lines are switching to all Western Caribbean itineraries, going to be some crowded ports!

2. Oh my goodness I'm sorry I ask so many questions! And this isn't even my first cruise, but this is my first time flying to port. So I think this is my last question for anyone to answer, should I take a blanket on in my carry on, or should I save the room? Normally driving to port I take my own blanket, but I'm not sure if I should for flying 🙂 thanks so much! ~ Bella

3. Hey Mrs. Sheri. I need some HELP!!!! In December 2017 I will be cruising on the Carnival Valor from Galveston going to Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel. I will be traveling with my husband and my 4 kids (21,18,19 and a 1 yo) and we plan on going to Mr. Sancho however my question is can i purchase a cabana when i get to Mexico,Because I'm traveling with my 1 yo I want to make sure she has a place for her to rest if need be while we are at Mr. Sancho And what are your recommendations of things to do in Belize for us?

4. I would just like to add- In Cozumel, I highly recommend the salsa, salsa and margaritas excursion if you're sailing with carnival!! It was so much fun! My (at the time) new hubs and I made so many friends, and they called us up as newlyweds and had us demonstrate how to make a strawberry margarita shot! Everyone wished us a happy marriage and it was held at beautiful resort. We were taken there by bus which was wonderfully air conditioned also (on a very hot day in Mexico!). It was my favorite port on our honeymoon and I have this excursion to thank ❤️

5. Sheri- I'm preparing for our cruise and I'd like to know if you have a video specifically about how you organize all the important paperwork you'll need.

6. You mentioned your husband managing several camera's at one point during your train excursion. Question regarding that. Do you guys ever feel like your missing "the moment" due to always being behind a camera? Just curious.

7. SORRY MISSED YOU WAS GATHERING SUPPLIES FOR ANIMAL SHELTER.  Thanks for all your great videos

8. Hi Sheri, I love watching your videos! I went to Alaska last May for my birthday and was immediately ready, once I returned home, to head back. My next cruise will be this exact one! So excited to see all the videos and your experiences on this ship, as it will be my first time on Princess.

9. I missed it again….gettin things done in Texas still.

10. I was on a Carnival cruise in August 2016. They couldn't go to Tracy Arms but they were able to change to a different glacier that they said was just as good and I'm sure it was. I don't know if they always do that.

11. Hello Sheri. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Another cruise- when do you find the time :-). ? Also, speaking from my own experience, don't hesitate to use grandma to babysit so that you and hubby can have a quiet dinner or two. We're going on a cruise ourselves, but that's all we've decided. We need to figure out then where and when's.

One question for each of you. Since your husband bought the soda package could you ask him if Princess is a Coke ship or a Pepsi ship.

Now, a question for you; did you listen to all of us and go to the doctor? I'm sure that we'd all like to see you get better.

12. Rachael, Bonnie, and anyone else that's dealing with Irma, be careful and best of luck.

13. Sad to hear you miss the puppies. Was it not list on the daily cruises planner? Looking forward to seeing the video on Sagway we missed it last year because something missed up on the ship we had to go back to Seattle early. Have to go on another Alaska cruise to see it.

14. When we went to Alaska on carnival. We had great weather and they never opened the water slides. There were VERY few children or bathing suited people either.

15. How did the stargazing at sea go?

16. How were the binoculars?  I'm really interested to hear how they performed!

17. Hi Sheri! I have a question:) okay so I am going on a cruise in about 2 weeks! I am traveling to warm weather islands, and leaving from the port in Miami. My little problem is, though it might sound silly, I don't know what to wear on the plane! We are leaving from New York, where it will be quite chilly, and landing in Miami where it will be in the 90's! So I don't want to be super cold on the plane, but I don't want to be sweating like crazy in Miami! Thanks lots! – Bella

18. Hi , when is your next live stream?

19. Sorry I missed you live! Great video carry on pavking for 10 days! I have to see it to believe it! Lol

20. Hi Sheri, I'm so very excited to see your Panama Canal videos later this year! That trip is on our bucket list but probably around 5-10 years away.

21. All boarded up and ready to go in Daytona Beach area. I think the west coast is gonna get the worse of it. Our cruise is on the twenty fourth out of Port Canaveral. I want everyone to be safe however. I need a vacation after this stress!!!!!

22. We've purchased from Travel guard too, reminded me to secure our Alaska trip insurance for next year.

23. Hi Sheri, thank you for answering my questions during the livestream. One more if you will…..were the crabcakes an extra fee? Would love to try them next May. Thanks again, and get yourself well! 🙂

24. hello from australia

25. We fly standby because we are an airline family and we all did LONDON and Paris for 2 weeks with carryon only. It was easy.

26. Hey Sheri! Quick question; after having been to Alaska (and I know you guys have been there before), how do you think a large ship like the Bliss is going to handle navigating the glacial passages, etc? Just curious on your take on this.

27. I was able to catch the first half of the livestream, and am catching up tonight!  Can't wait to finish watching!

28. Sheri you have a FANTASTIC YouTube channel. You are doing a fabulous job so don't change a thing. Between you and Don from Don's Family Vacations YouTube channel I am learning a lot of things that I did not know about cruising even though I and my partner have been on two already. I wanted to point something out that Don had brought up in one of his episodes. You need to buy not only travel insurance but also medical insurance and maybe medical evacuation insurance if it is not included in the travel or medical insurance. While your US medical insurance MAY cover some expenses they may not cover them all or none at all. Also if you had to have a medical evacuation from your cruise ship it is almost never covered especially if it is not in US territorial waters and to a US hospital. The evac alone could cost you between 20 to 50 thousand dollars and if you had to be medically evac back to the US from another country that could cost you over 100 thousand dollars. I bought the travel insurance that was offered through Norwegian and it covers medical and medical evac along with the travel part for that reason. My partner Eric and I are headed to Alaska this Friday by way of Seattle and then on Sunday cruise out of Seattle on Norwegian's Pearl for seven nights. Icy Strait Point, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Ketchikan and Victoria British Columbia. Taking some of your advice about using the packing cubes, never had heard about them till I saw your show :-). We have an inside cabin which is ok by us because we are hardly ever in there. I have all of the excursions picked and paid for including the White Railway out of Skagway. My question is have you ever sailed on the Pearl and if you have what is the ship and crew like? Also have you have ever sailed out of Seattle and if you have what restaurant that has great seafood would you recommend that will not break the bank? I hope you get in to see your doctor soon and he or she can help you get to feeling yourself again. Thank you for taking the time to read this long winded note, lol.Take care and keep cruising,Bryan AndersonKnoxville, TN

29. I had a balcony on the Grand Princess on Aloha deck to the Southern Caribbean years ago. We were right below Neptune’s Reef deck area and every night we would hear the crew dragging the deck chairs around to clean the deck at night and whatever else. Not a pleasant night’s sleep but a learning experience and something future cruisers should look out for if you are noise sensitive.

30. Sounds like bronchitis.

31. We did a similar cruise on the Ruby in early August, loved that crab dinner! And you are so right, the railroad trip was totally worth it.

32. Sheri, you didn't seem as perky during this episode. I pray everything is ok with you and your family…

33. Sad I missed the livestream! Our last livestream before we embark the Valor this Thursday, 9/14! We will be using all of our CTTV tips while sailing. Thank you so much for all you guys do!

34. Thanks…enjoyed the info on port days. We're looking at Alaska next June and want to make the most of our port days

35. Hello Sherri

36. Going on my first princess cruise in 158 days. It celebrates my birthday, my mums birthday and her wedding. Any tips or tricks for the sea princess or for a cruise to New Zealand

37. Sorry I missed it live but great info one your trip! I have been wondering about some of the details Irma's affect on islands and our cruise in Dec. I was not sure if I should do something. So looks like waiting and seeing where they re direct ours? I am hoping they let us know early enough so I can research our new ports. All our ports look devastating and so so sad for everyone. News keeps saying it will be months before they get power. Praying for everyone.

38. OMG—the crab legs sound heavenly….they split the crab legs for you????? I've NEVER had that…..split in the middle which makes it so much easier than all that cracking you have to usually do. Usually, when I eat crab legs–yes, it's quite the mess by the end.

39. Take money and fix your bags. You would be perfect. I had them also. Getting them fixed was the best thing I ever did. I also live in Central CA. If you need a name holler. My guy was amazing and cheap. Three weeks of bruising, and done.

40. Totally bummed that I missed the live stream I am so stoked for your vlogz though!

41. THANK YOU!!!! THIS WAS REALLY HELPFUl!!!!