Mediterranean Cruises

6 Cruise Shore Excursions Tips – Getting Cheaper And Better Tours

Discover the six steps to finding better and cheaper cruise shore excursions! Gary Bembridge, a cruise expert and author, tells you how to have great shore excursions off your cruise and save money at the same time. Follow these steps and you will have a rewarding time in every port of call on your cruise.

Some of the resources referred to in the video include:
Shore Fox:
Shore Trips:
Cruising Excursions:
Shore Excursions Group :
Tours By Locals :

If you are looking for great cruise deals, support Tips For Travellers and look at CruiseDirect.com using this link:

I would love you to give the video a “thumbs up” and if you subscribed to the channel now:

Every week Tips For Travellers shares videos to help you make the most of your precious travel time and money on both land and at sea. First-hand travel inspiration, advice and tips based on the over 20 years I have been travelling every month.

Follow me on all social media platforms. Search there for “TipsForTravellers” or “Gary Bembridge”

1. We used cruise excursions.com for a tour in St Petersburgh, much smaller group than the ship tour and over £100 cheaper. hop on hop off buses great too. Flem railway – ship tour 130 euro, train fare bought in advance 40Euro return (equivalent). The key is research. Thanks good tips

2. The information in your videos is truly astounding thank you

3. None of these site have the P&O Explorer listed.

4. Oooohhhh, Gary Bembridge, hats off to you for this rapid-fire resource sharing!

5. Excellent!

6. Just what I needed! Thanks for the short, precise and informative tips. I do have one question, how does one search for reviews on those shore excursions companies? The reviews they listed were from their own website, which, defeats the purpose.

7. One I notice you didn't mention is Viator, which seems to have a relatively large presence on the web when I was searching for alternatives to cruise ship excursions. Have you used them or know something about them? Appears they got acquired by TripAdvisor at some point.

8. This was a super helpful video. Thank you!!! My mom have never been on a cruise before and we’re doing the Mediterranean this summer!

9. Wow, best vid I have seen yet on this topic. thanks so much for listing the resources and helpful info!

10. I am now a new subscriber. Your tips are awesome! Thank you!

11. Thanks for the tips. Hadn't heard about some of these sites.

12. Excellent video with opportunities for huge savings…subscribed!!

13. Hi we’re trying to book a Rome tour through shore fox and keep getting a voicemail to leave a msg. And never get a call back. Are they still in business?

14. Hint: if you book your Cruise Excursion with your travel agent before you go on your cruise you are guaranteed that if you/or the tour you are on is late coming back from that excursion to the ship the ship has to wait for you.Not sure how it works when you are already on the cruise ship?And if you go off on your own it's an "At Your Own Risk" don't be lateOr they will leave with out you.:0/

15. Thank you.  That is very helpful information.

16. One of the most helpful and accessible videos on Youtube.

17. Do any Cruise lines offer solo fishing ? Say for instance I brought pole line and lure … would I be able to fish on the pier or local spot alone? …I imagine each port would have different regulations for legality but still

18. Does a ships staff send a representative out on these excursions (generally), before they decide who they deem adequate & sign on?

19. Great tips, wondered if anyone knew if hop on hop off “self tour” busses take mobility scooters? I’m going to need to hire one from our departure port which folds for handiness TIA

20. I'll never forget a sugar cane field tour in the dominican.we drove FAST thru bumpy hilly terrain stopped in a field and ate raw sugar cane…..whilst we drank really good rum. WITH the guide AND the driver lol

21. Very helpful.

22. Excellent advice. My wife and I have booked our own port excursions many times and have saved HUNDREDS of dollars. However, there is one “down” side to this. If you are late returning to the ship from your privately booked excursion, IT WILL LEAVE YOU BEHIND! Then you are on your own to pay for a hotel and an airline ticket to attempt to catch up to the ship at the next port. The cruise line does not pay for this, YOU DO! They will delay the ship departure only for late passengers who were on a cruise-sponsored shore excursion. This is an increasing problem because so many people now rely on their cell phones to tell them the time instead of a wristwatch. Guess what – – Your cell phone will automatically resync its clock display to the local port time. All ship activity, including departures will be according to SHIP TIME, which could be an hour or two different from PORT TIME, and you could get left behind because you are using your cell phone to tell time. Instead, stop by Walmart and buy everyone in your party a cheap watch if they don’t have one. Keep it set to SHIP TIME! That way you won’t be late for meals and, best of all, you won’t be left standing on the pier watching your ship disappear over the horizon without you. LOL

23. Thank you, Gary! Even for a non-cruise traveller like me there's a wealth of useful information in your videos.

24. Didn't know about all these excursion and timetable sites for this stuff. Great tips thanks so much.

25. Great video Gary,like everyone else has said really informative.Hope u've had a great week and that u enjoy ur weekend.😊

26. I feel I know a good amount about cruising, but always seem to learn something new from your videos. Thank you!

27. Great, booking off Shorefox thanks to your info. Shoretrips has great options as well.

28. Thanks , very informative.

29. Very understandable and elucidating! Thank you very much, Gary.

30. Expensive especially on European cruises.
    Thanks for the tips.

31. Some very good advice and tips, I liken it to the way I approach an art exhibition; get to the gallery when it opens go immediately to the furthest room and work your way backwards.