Mediterranean Cruises

MSC Cruise, a MISTAKE?

We’ve booked a new cruise on the MSC Meraviglia in November. We haven’t sailed with MSC before and after reading a few reviews we are wondering if we have made the right decision! Let us know your opinions!

Click here to subscribe to our channel:

Follow us on social media:

Click here to visit our website:

Contact us:
➤ ahoy@cruisewith.co.uk

Get unlimited, FREE One-Day Delivery on millions of items with Amazon Prime

You can cruise virtually anywhere in the world with MSC Cruises. The MSC Cruises cruise vacation experience embodies the elegant side of the Mediterranean to create unique and unforgettable emotions for guests, through discovery of the world’s cultures, beauties and tastes. MSC Cruises translates its passion for the sea into a commitment to excellence in hospitality, professionalism, dedication and mastery of every single detail to ensure the complete happiness and satisfaction of each and every guest.

MSC Cruises is the world’s largest privately-owned cruise line and brand market leader in Europe and South America. Their ships sail year-round in the Mediterranean and the Caribbean, and our seasonal itineraries include Northern Europe, the Atlantic Ocean, South America, southern Africa, China, the United Arab Emirates and Sir Bani Yas.

About Cruise with Ben & David:
******************************
Previously known as Honest Cruising, we’re now called Cruise with Ben & David. We produce the Cruise Ship videos including cruise ship tours, stateroom cabin tours, reviews, cruise ship food, cruise tips and tricks, cruise vlogs and live shows. We love to cruise, we bring you along on all of our cruise adventures around the world including the Mediterranean, Caribbean, USA, Australia and Asia. We love to sail with the best cruise liners in the world including Royal Caribbean, Norwegian Cruise Line, MSC Cruises, Disney Cruise Line, Celebrity Cruises, Virgin Cruises, Princess Cruises, P&O and Viking Cruises.

Music Credits:
“Carefree” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0

#Cruise #Cruising #Cruisewith

1. My CruiseCritic review is below. I will not take MSC again. This was on the Davina in December 2017. Something is really wrong with this cruise line.

Lured in by the great price and the spacious suite, but the service in Yacht class was actually rather disgusting. So I am one of the no-voters, don't take them. Read the review for details…

2. this summer i am going to MSC seaview it begins on 20july in barcelona ho else??

3. The negative reviews of the MSC food are legit. I went on the Seaside in February and the food was very bland. Been on all the other cruise lines and they run circles around MSC in the food and service department. Only real thing I can say positive is the ship was stunning

4. I don't know why so many folks from the US trash MSC. I have been on Divina and Mareviglia and had a great time on both. Next month, I'm boarding the MSC Orchastra in Buenos Aires and taking it to Venice — YEAH!!!! But we've sat next to several US residents on-board who can do nothing but complain about not having US news or hating the food. I don't watch US news and I love the food. My biggest problem is that there are really, really long lines at guest relations almost all the time. But I find that to be standard for cruise lines.
    The food is as good if not better than Celebrity, Norwegian, and Princess and it is far, far better than Royal Caribbean (a cruise line I will not go on again). The entertainment is great also. The only way to find better entertainment is to board a massive ship with a giant stage and big production show that you get to see once. The shows on MSC are different and entertaining. The audience is great, too. In fact, one of the reasons I like MSC is that it has a lot of Europeans on it. I've never heard kids yelling and screaming (except at the pool) and never have I seen them running in the halls or throwing a tantrum at dinner.

5. Have just come back from a week on the Magnifica. Lovely ship and good food but Bella cabins are tiny and if you are at the back of the ship (as we were for our cabin and restaurant) then every time they start up the side thrusters then everything will shake and rattle, also the under cover pool had so much salt in it it brought me out in a rash!

6. MSC is amazing, has good service and a very classic look with modern technology. One of my favorote cruise line

7. We cruised the Med on the Splendida last summer. Nice ship, food in the buffet very good, not so good in the restaurant. Also charged four euros for water at the table, which we thought was very bad as never had this with other cruise lines. Service was OK. Our balcony cabin was nice but the safe didn't work. Very noisy, loads of children, regularly got flattened at the back of the lifts by large buggies. Shows were fantastic. Destinations were wonderful. We are on the Magnifica later this year (they sent us very cheap deal) so interested to see how it compares.

8. We Have Sailed On MSC Divina Twice (Caribbean) And The Fantasia (Europe) All Three Have Been SUPERIOR Than The Previous 19 Cruises I Have Taken And My Partners 55 Other Cruises. MSC Has RAISED THE CRUISE BAR Soooo Far ABOVE The Others!!!! We Will Be On The Meraviglia In Dec. 2018 And The GRANDIOSA Nov. 2019. THANK YOU To ALL Of The MSC Personnel Who Make Our Cruises AWESOME!!!!!

9. I also read these bad reviews and I’m going in a week! So I’m kind of scared now… 😖😭

10. We have sailed the MSC Opera out of Havana, Cuba and the MSC Seaside out of Miami, Florida and both occasions the service, room and food were excellent. Having sailed with Holland America, Princess and Cunard we have decided MSC is OUR cruise line. We've booked a 23 day transatlantic from Genoa to Miami this fall. Excited to board the MSC Divina this October.

11. I took my family on a msc cruise around the Mediterranean and it was the worse cruise I have ever been on , in their tv add they show people laying on sun lounges , believe me that will not happen unless you are willing to get up at 5am in the morning and put a towel and book in place to give the impression that it is actively in use , next is the jogging on deck , that will not happen unless the ship is in dry dock ready for a refit , next food , I think they must be buying something called food stuff , this dubious stuff has no name until its shaped into something , if they shape into a pizza shape they call a pizza , if its sausage shape they call it a sausage , what it really comes down to is all the food taste the same and highly processed muck , and this is just the tip of the iceberg . Before we got onto the ship we were led into a huge shed where we had to be processed before getting on the boat , it looked like a 1943 world war 2 refugee camp , there were thousands of people waiting . if you go on one regardless don't forget to kiss your money goodbye .

12. I love watching your vlogs! You mispronounce stuff and just laugh at yourselves.

13. Wondering what you guys think of this one now? 😉 should do an update!

14. I will be going on MSC Meriviglia in March 2018 and could not be more excited . I have been on MSC Sinfonia in South Africa and MSC Fantasia in Mediterranean. I had the Bella experience ( basic) for both and I had a wonderful time . Food, service , staff and entertainment was of a very high quality . No complaints. You will always have people that complain or are not happy as each person's expectation differs and to each their own . A big differentiator seems to be where people are from and what they are used to and not being able to adapt.
    Again good experiences in my book and will definately continue with MSC . Good value for money .

15. Enjoy!!!!!!

16. so…. how was it?

17. My husband, daughter and I traveled on the MSC Divina out of Miami in March 2017. We were taking back to back cruises during Spring Break and had gotten off Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas the day before (and had a phenomenal time on Navigator). But it was really the MSC cruise I was looking forward to. Unfortunately, our experience on MSC proved to be disappointing in numerous ways but overall, I would go on another MSC cruise. In fact, we're scheduled to go on the MSC Seaside in December of 2018. The ship itself was gorgeous…no real complaints there, although the layout was quite different than on Navigator. I enjoyed the food on the MSC Divina but my daughter had better luck with her steaks on the Navigator. I absolutely loved the indoor pool area on the Divina. The real issues were with poor organization such as scheduling the muster drill before everyone is required to be on the ship and then having the make-up muster drill when people are still getting back on the ship from an excursion the next day, but not advising you of the make-up muster drill until you return to your room from the excursion and see the paper on the door that you were supposed to be at a muster drill 15 minutes earlier and then going down to the theater to the muster drill with your life jacket only to find that the muster drill is over. That was just plain silliness. Or when the Captain on the first day of the cruise tells the passengers not to miss the theater production and specifically says that the production will accommodate your dinner time so you go to the production (and have a good time) but leave a few minutes early since your paperwork says dinner is at 6:45 but it was really at 6:30 and when you show up at 6:50, you're told that they were just about to close the doors and if your husband (who didn't join us for the theater production) cannot get there in the next few minutes, perhaps we should dine at the buffet. WHAATTT?? I didn't appreciate that at all but did get a sincere apology when I complained. Or when you don't find out what time your excursion starts until the night before the excursion and then you realize that you could have done something else in the morning in St. Maarten because your excursion did not start until the afternoon but it was too late to book another excursion in the morning because by the time you found out, the morning excursions were already full. So it was a bunch of stuff like that. But, with all that, I'd do it again. But now I know to lower my expectations when it comes to organization and customer service. I hope you enjoy your MSC cruise. I saw a YouTube video of the ship and it looks amazing!

18. We're booked on the MSC Seaside out of Miami next year.  MSC matched our Platinum status with NCL so we decided to try it.  Hopefully you'll VLOG your cruise (like you did with the NCL cruise) and give us your "Honest" review!  Enjoy!

19. We were on the Splendida in June. Whilst we had great weather, a lovely balcony cabin upgrade and the Western Med was a fabulous place to go to, it depends what you are looking for in a cruise. We are an older couple looking for a week of peace and quiet and we are used to smaller ship adult only cruises so 4,500 people, vast numbers of children and non-stop loud entertainment came as a bit of a shock to us. It would be a great cruise for families. The Meraviglia does look like a lovely ship and maybe November would be a better time. I would like to try another one of their ships as a comparison, at a quieter time of year.

20. Looking forward to your MSC review. My husband and I are regular cruisers and we've been on a variety of lines but we booked our first Mediterranean cruise and first MSC cruise for March 14, 2018 on the MSC Orchestra. We're Canadians, and both about 40 yrs old so I hope we enjoy the Italian cruise experience. We embark at Civit (Rome) and it's a 12 night cruise to Italy, France, Spain, Malta and Greece (9 ports). Slightly concerned we may not get to Barcelona because of the unrest there.

21. Hi Guys. Check out the reviews of MSC from "Chubby and Away". Good insight to what you might experience.

22. Hey Ben & David. We will be on the exact same sailing as yours. The first time we sailed on MSC, we got hooked & we just loved​ the experience. Lovely ships, fantastic crew. We've never been on any other cruise lines before so I don't have anything else to compare MSC with, but to us, this line suits to our taste – it's kinda classic, not too party atmosphere. It's elegant, so to speak. We are used to multinational atmosphere so we really don't have any complaints about the MSC crowd. Apart from the Meraviglia, we have 2 more cruises lined up with them, i.e. on the Seaside out of Miami and on the Preziosa out of Copenhagen. We will also do our first RCI (Navigator) as a B2B cruise with the Seaside. Anyway we will surely look for you onboard the Meraviglia in a few months from now & will say hi! When you find the time, please do watch our music vlogs of MSC so that you somehow get a feel of the MSC experience that we always love.

23. Hi guys, we like your videos and have watched them for a while. We just realised that my partner Lewis and I are on the same sailing as you for meraviglia!
    We have been on MSC many times and also on Carnival, RCI, NCL, TUI.
    MSCs European ships are really good all round, cabins are the best at sea, drinks good, service excellent, ships are refined and beautiful. They are so stunning like a glitz style 5 star hotel think Wynn in vegas.
    Only negative on MSC European ships is the main dining which isn't as good as Norwegian, carnival , RCI. That is certainly true.
    HOWEVER! Their speciality dining restaurants are exceptional and much better than all the US lines above. So we always book MSC for the beautiful ships with amazing itineraries and best cabins and then just buy the 3/4 night speciality dining package online before we go for next to nothing, it's about £50 for the whole package, it's at least twice the price to buy on board. Then with the speciality dining it fixes the problem of mediocre food in the dining room so it becomes the perfect cruise!
    Also worth noting the exception to the above is the main dining room and buffet at breakfast and lunch are actually good.
    Now for USA MSC sailings, It's worth mentioning the USA MSC sailings have all the same positives (ship quality, 5star wow ship factor, service, cabins, nicest pools , best prices) and also have a totally different food menu which is catered to Americans, this USA menu is much better and is just as good as RCI, but not quite as good as NCL or CCL. So they have basically irradiated the main dining room issue on USA sailings.
    On a final note our travel agent just came back from Meraviglia and advised us it was great. Hopefully these comments are helpful 🙂 see you on the ship!

24. Good – Excellent service on MSC Magnifica 2016, Had perfect 1ST cruise. Already booked for this year was upgraded to a balcony suite for free! (bella experience)

25. so so mistake!!

26. Basta usare il dizionario online per sapere come pronunciare le parole ! 😉

27. Hey guys, just finished my cruise on the msc meraviglia last week. Absolutely fantastic! Highly recommend!

28. We have traveled with MSC many times. We would gladly recommend this shipping company, but do not choose Meraviglia. There is a volume of noise everywhere on the ship that is completely unbearable. We went 12 people, but we found nowhere to sit and talk, except the Sky lounge on deck 18. Terrible that they "spoil" the experience with this ship. Convert to another MSC ship. MSC Preziosa or MSC Fantastica

Bjørn in Norway

29. Can you please do room tours for this boat (i will be going in the super family room with balcony

30. MSC are fine as long as you don't mind sharing the ship with 6 other nationality's .
    We've been with them 5 times, mainly because they're usually cheap.

31. MSC has its ups and downs … on the smaller ships I travelled food was good but some plates were really terrible . The best part of MSC are the crew. You should look for a Bulgarian Bartender that works on Meraviglia * spells meravilha* and she makes the best drinks. she is the only Woman Bartender and I think that she works at chocolate and coffee bar but anyway look for her. BEST DRINKS FROM MSC ARE THE ONES SHE MAKES ( Lulu is her name) . havve fun

32. We are going on 23rd june taking off from Barcelona. Dont care about bad reviews as there are bad and good ones just cant wait and thrilled. Easy as if dont like it we wont go again. been working myself on po carribean princess so wil have some comparisions. When on board as a junior waiter said myslef i have to do this. so we are going yahooo. only concerns we have is sea sick as we going with kids and even I last time feel sick sea fishing.

33. My husband and I have gone on 2 transatlantic cruises w/ MSC and loved both! Staff were friendly and helpful, ship was very clean (and staff were always cleaning something) and, food was superb, Although I am from the U.S. and my husband is from Canada we feel more European than North American. Some people from the U.S. told us they violently objected to announcements being made in many languages(!) even though they knew there were people from many countries on the ship. Others told us they had seen all the movies on their cabin's movie channel; seems as if they mainly wanted to watch movies on the cruise!

The only negative comment I have is about a talent show by passengers in which one man was inappropriate w/ his comments during his "comedy" routine. (I also heard this same man been rude to a German man w/ a heavy accent when the polite German man spoke English.

34. MSC is amazing. I've been to the Caribbean on MSC Divina. it's an amazing ship, the staff is so helpful and friendly and the food is great. I prefer MSC compared to Norwegian. I've been on the Breakeaway and thought the food was very poor compared to MSC. Nothing to fear by choosing MSC. It's very European/Internationally minded, where as in my opinion Norwegian is very American minded. So it also has something to do with the type of person you are

35. 6 cruises with MSC, awesome time every time.

36. Our first cruise was on MSC. We stayed in the Yacht Club on the MSC Divina. I've never had a group of people make me feel quite that special before. It was expensive, but less expensive than similar offerings on other cruise lines. The Meriviglia has Yacht club inside cabins, which may seem like a bit of a contradiction, but I would absolutely do. Have an amazing time on the Meriviglia, I'm insanely jealous. PLEASE make a "ship tour" video if you can. From what I've seen, the experience for the non-yacht club cruisers seemed to be a tiny bit below par, but in line with the pricing. The ship itself looks awesome!

37. Hey guys.We cruised MSC Sinfonia twice.Had a fanatastic time.There is entertainment for all age groups,there's activities,there's kids club & list goes on.The staff on board were friendly,knowledgeable and very helpful.The food was good.The fotos were a bit expensive for my pocket.Overall I would score it 8/10….A wonderful experience,highly recommended….

38. pronounced "meravilia" – silent g

39. I've been on the MSC Divina. Amazing ship with possibly the best diversity of activities and cuisine on a ship. The Meravigila will be even larger than the ship I've been on, so expect well from it. The main con about the ship is the VERY few dining options. There are no casual dining options other than the buffet, and all there is to eat a meal is the main dining and 4 or 5 alternatives. Overall, I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10, however it is EXTREMELY cheap for quite good quality, so I would say it would be the number one value out there by far. Happy cruising!

40. I ended on you video by chance… anyway..
    I have cruised with MSC twice (last one last week),
    I've been on board Musica and then Fantastica. Both really great and not the same. The staff was super nice, the food even better. The activities onboard are ok.
    I'll go on Meraviglia this June, on the first week, for a one day cruise just to see how's the ship.

41. My mum and dad have cruised with MSC a few times and no problems whatsoever xx

42. We've booked the Meraviglia in July. I'll let you know once we've been on 🙂

43. And by the way as I said I'm going on Meraviglia in July, I can get in touch with you guys and give you some feedback

44. Well I've been in MSC Preziosa and MSC Fantasia, and I'm also going on MSC Meraviglia in July, I couldn't be more excited! MSC is really good, you have all types of the food, you can try meals that you haven't try before, the rooms are incredible ( I always stay in a suite with a balcony but I've heard those with only a window are also great) , the staff is always there to help you, excursions are a bit expensive but they are worth the money, I'm sure you'll have one of the best experiences of your life guys!

45. I've cruised on he msc divina only. the service is not as bad as people say especially at the formal restaurants. the ship is beautiful with Swarovski crystal staircases. the food options everyday is a little skimpy but not too bad. I think the cruise is well suited given the price for it.

46. So, a few years ago my wife and took a cruise on the MSC Divina, from Miami, Florida, for our wedding anniversary, during the month of December. Everything was great but we forgot or the wifey forgot she gets sea sick quite easily. Although there's no winter in Miami, during those months the northern winds clash with the warm air of the Caribbean and makes for some not so smooth sailing. I can take the up and down, but wifey was no good for nothing. The food was okay, but the European passengers were a little annoying. If you were in the buffet line, they would cut off in front of you as if this were their last meal or the food was going to run out. Not even a pardon. Even for ice cream, they would trample over you if they could. On the last day of the voyage, we stopped about 200 meters off shore of a private island. The captain decided not to disembark because he considered it too choppy. Everyone looked out from the top deck, and it was not too choppy as he described. Two other cruise lines were also just off the island and they were shuttling passengers back and forth from their ships. Caribbean Cruise lines was one of the ships. We didn't get any compensation or discount voucher for our next cruise. I think he wanted to get back to port early, and cut the trip short. We also booked a cruise on the MSC Meraviglia in November. I'm wondering how the Mediterranean Sea will be like during November? Will it be choppy as well? – Louis

47. Going on my first ever cruise on MSC Meraviglia, pronounced Mere-I-villa. In July!