Miami Cruises

Pre-Cruise Hotel Shore Club Miami Beach

Many people spend a night in Miami Beach before they leave on a cruise. You might like to stay at the Shore Club after you see this video… or you might not!

National Hotel Miami Beach:

www.patreon.com/veryunofficial
www.facebook.com/MorgansVeryunOfficialTravelGuides
Twitter: @MrMorganOBrien
Instagram @MrMorganOBrien

1. Fort Lauderdale is way better than Miami, but I have stayed at many hotels in both locations. I have stayed at The Renaissance FLL on 17th street, the Hilton Marina FLL, The W, The Westin Beach FLL…out of all those, I liked the Westin Beach the best because it has access to the beach, second favorite would be the Hilton Marina, due to location (Was easy walking to many restaurants, grocery stores, and close to the port) Anywhere on 17th street in Fort Lauderdale is usually fine, I have heard great things about the Embassy Suites on 17th street and that is where I will stay next time when in FLL

2. When the video began, I thought that the carpet on the floor was badly stained.  Later, as you actually went into the room itself, I realized (and you mentioned) it was a concrete floor.  I am sure the door to the outdoor terrace was removed for security reasons.  While the bathroom door is "Morgan Approved", I don't think I would ever stay at this location.  I don't want to know what the cost of this room was if the mini-bar prices are any indication.While I haven't lived in Ft. Lauderdale for almost 19 years,  even back then it was always better to use the Lauderdale cruise port rather than Miami.  Of course, back then Lauderdale had limited cruise port destinations as opposed to Miami.  But I would always avoid going to Miami whenever possible.  Of course, the Miami scene might have changed since I lived in South Florida.

3. That's a very strange room

4. Bathroom was almost like a prison sans a stainless steel sink and toilet, not a fan !

5. Was the rest of the hotel as bland as that room?

6. Thanks for sharing! That room deco style is not my cup of tea. Felt cold. I did like the size of the bathroom.

7. I don't understand why mini'bar prices have to be so high in hotels….Can you imagine the money they would make if they just had a normal mark up on the items? They'd make a ton of money.

8. I like the modern vibe

9. You will be in heaven leaving form Fort Lauderdale and never recommend Miami port again…. unless someone needs lack of security.

If you (you, your family or viewers) are driving then Fort Lauderdale has far safer park and go options than Miami. Two cities right next to each other but for Lauderdale far superior.

10. Not my cup of tea. (meaning… that's a shit-ugly room!)

11. That bathtub/shower combo was really interesting. If you had that in your house you could have a steam shower and then be able to have a steam bath. Cool. Other than that, the room was pretty barren… and those mini-bar prices were truly a rip off!

12. Is the wall concrete? It's very modern and minimalist.

13. that bathroom is huge!