Usa & Canada Cruises

9 Best Cruise Packing Tips for 2019 / 2020. (What to Take, Not Take and How To Take It!)

Discover the 9 most important packaging tips for your next cruise. The things you need to think about, what to take and also what you should and can leave behind on your cruising vacation, and why. In this I also look at what you should be packing and taking in your hand luggage and check in bags, and why. These are the 9 most important things you need to prepare and do when packing for your next cruise. I cover topics that include what clothes to bring, bathroom essentials, electronics, allowances and exclusions by the cruise lines and essentials for your cabin to make the cruise more enjoyable and run smoothly.

Note: I travelled as a guest of the cruise line before making this video

Get my Cruise T-shirts at my store at

SUPPORT THE CHANNEL USING THESE AFFILIATES:
* Cruise deals via CRUISEDIRECT.COM:
* Amazon USA:
* Amazon UK:

GEAR USED TO MAKE MY VIDEOS (with Amazon affiliate links)
* Canon D70 – USA UK

– Facebook:
– Twitter:

#CruiseTips #CruisingPacking #CruisePackingTips

1. Love the shirt!! Haha

2. 👍🌏🍭

3. I like your style.

4. Damn Gary! 66 cruises, wow ur amazing, I only did 7 so far.
    Great tips and info all the time! Ur the best sir! Can I go hang out with u on a cruise? U go by urself all the time? Where’s ur other half?
    Enjoy and keep it coming those tips for travelers we all love it!

5. Hi I’m Laura and I’m an over packer! 😂

6. A USB charger hub. Plug it into the mains and you have 2 or 3 or 6 USB ports to use for charging multiple devices all at once; Pen, pencil, small notepad; a few zip lock baggies; a battery pack with USB ports… charge your phone/tablet while in transit or sitting poolside listening to tunes; a paper copy of every document you need… including the first few pages of your passport; a couple of magazines to flip through while waiting.

7. Is it true that you can't bring a hair curling iron? I thought it was a clothing iron that you can't bring.

8. can i take a drone ont to the MSC cruise ships

9. Hi Gary, My name is Krista and my best friend and I are 27/28 we want to go on a cruise to tour Asia. And we have been having trouble finding a cruise due to our lack of knowledge. Our requirements are basically for 1. The cruise to include a stop in Korea. 2. Not be over 7-9 days long. 3. Not cost an arm and a leg. ALSO 4. Not be full of all 50+ people and we stick out like a sore thumb.

Is it possible to find a cruise that can take us? Or is this a fantasy wish trip we should give up on? I was seeing luxury ships with older clients and really long trips to asia only (14-26days long) and that just doesnt fit us.

Got any advice?
    Thanks in advance.

10. Excellent job as always. The point about dental supplies is very important and I'm glad you frequently mention it. Dental care can be difficult to get in some countries and dental problems can really impact the enjoyment of a cruise. My wife had a horrible toothache on her first cruise and there was little that could be done about it.

Another concern is that the cabin bathrooms are not usually well ventilated and some air freshener could be helpful.

11. Fun dollar store decorations to cover room door so I can find door easily especially when I'm tipsy, ha ha

12. Pack my Tips for Travelers T-Shirt! 🙂

13. We always bring a reusable insulated water bottle. Refill at buffet using the cups provided – for sanitary reasons never refill using the water bottle.

14. I always travel with binder clips. They do a great job of closing window curtains that leave a gap. This is not specific to cruises but all travel.

15. Gary, it would be completely implausible for me to wear that tee shirt due to my size. But a "Cruise Calories Count Twice" tee shirt would probably do the trick. LOL. Great video, Gary, as always. I can't think of anything that I would add. Bullseye! Thanks, Gary!

16. Just got back from my 10th cruise! Have oir 11th booked for a Mediterranean next year! My wife and I always bring a fan for the room. Sometimes the rooms don't get as cool as you'd like them to be.

17. Once again great video. Hope people take notes.

18. It’s sad that drones can’t even be brought onboard by RESPONSIBLE people… it’s like when I was a child, and a whole classroom was punished for something one child did! I personally would NEVER use a drone ‘on, from, or around’ the ship, and think that THOSE WHO VIOLATE the rules should be punished, or have their drones confiscated. Princess prohibits even having one, while Carnival permits them ‘to be stowed in the room and used ONLY off the ship.’ I recently got some nice footage in St Kitts with one, and I followed all the shipboard AND local rules. I do my homework ahead of time, and know where I can and can’t use them. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

19. Thx a mil Gary + my tip – having cruised a lot with family there always seems to be birthdays, Xmas or other similar so I always pack sticky tape, small scissors, appropriate greting cards and gift bags (thin) /wrapping paper. All pack flat and weighs next to nothing and makes a big difference in time saving and adding value – plus cabin door decorations like Xmas and new year if you are into them, again weighs nothing and pack flat – plus pack blu-tack.

20. Excellent information. I especially like the clothes portion. It's surprising the number of people I've seen who don't bring decent clothes to wear in the dining room and then are surprised when they are refused admittance. Also, check the weather of your ports before packing. My first cruise was to Alaska 25 years ago, before the internet and I brought 5 pairs of shorts. Needless to say, I didn't need them! There were people on the cruise who didn't bring ANY warm clothes and had to stay inside when we were in Glacier Bay, poor things.

21. Gary, informative and very well done video. Thank you! 🙂

22. Worse still is you'll have to go through airport security as well sometimes. I heard Panadol like tablets can be illegal in some countries and you have to have a prescription now.  And also to purchase Panadol like tablets in some countries require a prescription.

23. LOVE THAT T-shirt!!! Are you selling it?

24. Great idea's of things to pack and not to 🙂 thank you for the list it will help out a lot when we cruise 🙂

25. PACKING CUBES! You can just pull them from your luggage and into the closet for easy access.

26. We are traveling on our first cruise in 29 days

27. You should do a review on marella cruises. Me and my wife had our 1st cruise with marella for our honeymoon it Was amazing and the alcohol we brought on excursions we could take to our room.

28. Excellent tips. Thank you.

29. I like to take a night light. The battery powered votive or tea lights are small, lightweight, and are just bright enough to see your way around the cabin at night.

30. 0:20 she forgot to leave some clothes out to wear 🙂

31. I just finished cruise number 30, so I'm way behind you! For the ladies: bring an adequate supply of your own feminine products. They may not be available on the ship or in the ports.

32. We got back from our first cruise ever last Saturday and it was with P&O on the Britannia and we had a mini bar in the cabin. What we should have done is bought a 4 pint bottle of real milk semi skimmed. On the ship the milk used was UHT , which is yuck in tea and just acceptable in coffee.. For a 7 night cruise I think that would be a good idea . They had a Costa Coffee Shop and another Speciality Cafe both places you paid extra for TEAPIGs various types of tea but they only had UHT milk. Are you allowed to bring milk on board ?
    Also on a different point P and O charged us twice for the cabin a/c we had the first charge on the Saturday plus the one for the days spend up to docking and the mini bar bill no problems with that, then we got charged again on Sunday or Monday P and O said they could do that and it was mentioned in the Cruise Personliser which is the online portal for various things to do with the cruise. Is this normal for P and O ?