Usa & Canada Cruises

9 Top Cruise Hacks, Tricks And Tips For 2019 / 2020. How To Have An Amazing Cruise

I reveal my top and best cruise hacks, tips and tricks that will help you make the most of your cruising vacation in 2019 and 2020. These cruising tips are things that I have learnt to help me get better cruise fares, save money on board a cruise ship, pack better and smarter, find the best cabin, find and save money on excursions and lots more. These are all proven and should help you. Enjoy these cruising hacks, tips and tricks.

** Buy one of my unique Cruise T-shirts:
** Get great cruise deals via CRUISEDIRECT.COM:

Gary Bembridge’s Tips For Travellers aims to help you make more of your precious travel time and money on land and when cruising the oceans or rivers of the world. To help you, in every video I draw on my first-hand tips and advice from travelling every month for over 20 years and 60+ cruises.

Follow Tips For Travellers on:
– Instagram:
– Facebook:
– Twitter:

#CruiseTips #CruiseHacks #CruiseTricks

1. Travel Insurance should be mandatory for anyone planning to go abroad or cruising. Even if you are well off and can afford to shrug off the loss of your entire travel fare, there are very few who can handle the costs of a catastrophic medical event w/o insurance. If you need to be medically evacuated back to your home country you could be looking at six figures just for that.

2. We are doing a Princess cruise next week and not taking the drink package as we both social drinkers, ie we drink moderately. Princess has this program where you can bring your own wine onboard for a $15 corkage fee per bottle. The first bottle is free then $15 per bottle after so as my wife drinks Bogle Chard which is $7.99 from the local store = $23 a bottle so a lot cheaper than the wine by the bottle prices onboard plus she's drinking wine she likes, many times on previous cruises the wine they serve at the bars is not up to her standard. Has anyone done this with Princess?

3. Great insights, definitely won’t sail without trip insurance. Thanks for sharing

4. I was wondering I am not a nervous traveler but what excursions around the world would you definitely book with the cruise line?

5. Really enjoy these videos

6. How many cruises have you been on any disasters

7. Travel insurance is terrible waste of money. Your other tips are pretty obvious

8. Is it better to get travel insurance through the cruise line? Or through your local imsurance company?

9. My Travel Agent got me a good deal on a Balcony Stateroom upgrade! But why you should ALWAYS use a travel agent! Guy recently booked online for a holiday on St. Helena in the South Atlantic, including accommodation at the St Helena Hotel. Plane landed, asked taxi to take him to the St Helena Hotel, Taxi driver looked rather nonplussed, said, Sir, there is no St Helena Hotel here??!! The St Helena Hotel is in California!! 🙁

10. On my upcoming cruise I am traveling on the overnight sleeper train from Melbourne to Sydney. Arrive at 07:00 in the morning, hopefully refreshed, and board after lunch 🙂

11. And if I may add, as with the "Guarantee" cabin choice, because you have no choice in your cabin selection (and in many cases not get an assigned cabin until the day of embarkation) you may find yourself under, above or in the vicinity of a venue that may run well into the night such as a club. As mentioned, try to pay the small bit more to choose your cabin so you know what is around you as well as easy access to venues. Also, unless you are within the final payment window, NEVER pay for your cruise in full when booking. The reason is that if there are any promotions from the cruise line that may afford you a lesser price than what you paid in the future, most cruise lines will not allow you to change your booking unless you are NOT paid in full.

12. I do not like the sound effects between tips.

13. I recommend showing up early to the ship on the first day since they will often let you on sooner than scheduled. This leaves you more time to explore the ship and even take advantage of common areas like pools, fitness centers, jogging tracks, etc. before they get crowded. On my most recent trip the officially listed boarding time only began at 12:30 PM but I made it onboard by 11:00 AM and some people were there even earlier.

14. The thumbnail made me think someone else made this video.

15. We learned the hard way about having a dental issue, took us 11 days before we were able to see dentist. Fortunately there was a acupuncturist on board to help with relieving the pain when pain medication wasn’t able to help.

16. I'm happy to pay a little extra for Cruise Line sponsored excursions so I have no anxiety about missing the ship and having complete safety and security while ashore.

17. Wonderful video, as usual, with great tips! I especially agree with the First Aid kit. Ship medical care is very expensive, should you need it! Happy cruising!

18. Great advice, I am glad you let us know about the tooth repair kit, I never thought of that!

19. Wonderful tips as always Gary. Thank you!

20. Shore excursioneer is offering a guarantee of getting you back to the ship now.

21. Gary, when you spoke about cruise agents, do you mean independent agents or representatives from the cruise ship company?

22. Agree, Hop on, hop off tours are a great way to see a city.

23. Also with the drink packages you have to figure out if you're really saving money in the long run. For example Carnival I know has a 15 drink limit per day for alcoholic drinks. If you don't consume that much in a day then it's probably not worth getting.

24. Do you recommend that a single woman travelling would be better off with the cruise line excursions

25. Huh, I was not aware the cruise line chooses which particular cabin you get. So there is a possibility I might not like the design style of said cabin.

26. Travel insurance and first aid kit are musts!

27. Great advice throughout, thank you.

28. which insurance do you recommend? And What type?