Mediterranean Cruises

What I Hated And What I Loved About MSC Seaside

Here’s a full review of my recent cruise on the MSC Seaside cruise ship. I thought I would like it more than I actually did! In this video, explain the good things, the bad things, and a couple of times when things just went horribly wrong. Also, I point out a few of the dumbest design decisions I’ve seen in all the cruise ships I’ve ever been on. But on the other hand, a couple of brilliant ones, too.

If you want to find out the good and the bad about this controversial European cruise ship based in Miami, Florida… this is the video for you.

If this video does anything to convince MSC that Americans really aren’t in to opera, I’ve done my job. And if this video does anything to convince American cruisers to book the Norwegian Escape, Carnival Vista, Harmony Of The Seas, or Viking Star rather than the MSC Seaside… I consider all the time I spent making this video to be time well spent.

Music credit for the music at the end of the video:
Guiton Sketch by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (
Source:
Artist:

1. I couldn't agree more with your take. You pointed out so many of the things that bugged us about this ship. My biggest annoyance was how during announcements and entertainment (even the belly flop contest!) they would translate every phrase into 5-10 languages so it was very difficult to follow along. I'm not sure if they actually meant it when they said they were designing this ship for North Anericans, but I can't imagine too many more North Americans choosing them over the other excellent options in the future.

2. Thank you for sharing this. Actually my wife and I are going on our first cruise on this ship. This was very helpful! I know what to expect now. Great review. 👍🏾👍🏾

3. i’m going on msc seaside very soon. i’ve been on 12 cruises and this my 13 which is fair for the fact that i am 12 but this helped a lot for me to find out what to expect!!

4. Damn, women pushes little girl in the pool around the 2:15 mark.

5. you are for sure right. I thought the MSC seaside wasnt going to put opera on their shows but i guess i was wrong. I got so bored that i had to leave. Yea, the ship is fun, but the pools are way to deep. The only pool i suggest going to is the kids jungle pool. I know its for kids but its not deep. (for some of us).

6. What ship is the best in the world? Most modern and luxurious?

7. I think you are probably used to your usual way which is not a problem…but it is so much complaining when you can just be thankful to have had an experience you lived through to see another day. Live to practice patience and appreciation. Atleast no one disrespected anybody and you may have maybe met some cool people. Anyway it is what it is. Guess u are just passionate about your observations. Guess thats not so bad.

8. Tacos “ethnic?” 😂 maybe to the Europeans I guess.

9. In december I'm going on MSC Seaside and I just came back from Koningsdam.

10. Don’t join the Navy. Gotta be a real man for that. That ship is nirvana in comparison.

11. Phew that’s a rough review haha 43/43. We did freedom of the seas recently and loved it. We are thinking about our next one – we did the St Lucia/Barbados/Antigua/st Maarten/st kitts itenary twice. St Lucia is our favourite. What ship and itenary would you recommend next. We are 32 and will have a 6 month kid 🙂

12. Great review !! I desire to cruise…I am a first timer, looking to explore this travel option

13. Same old story with some cruise ships no entertainment worth writing about. been on quite a few boats and they have the cheapest entertainment they can find and get away with. with the people and cost they enjoy being cheap with things like this will bite you in the behind in a hurry.

14. Great review! We just got back from that ship and vowed we’ll never go back there again! It’s everything you mentioned and more. And we only had an interior cabin. The limited, low quality food and the unfriendly grumpy staff were our main issues.

15. Cruising? leave it to the pro. Norwegian or Royal Caribbean.

16. In my opinion i loved the ship. But the things you pointed out
    Was so true! With the stinky smell to the pools. On mine and
    My familys first day, we were struggling to find our cabin. So
    We just started walking and trying to find it. When we were
    Almost to our cabin, a disgusting smell like someone was
    Smoking came from a room. We ignored it and went on with
    Our day. Now to the pools. I am a kid myself and the only
    Pool i can go in is the kids pool. Because the rest of the
    Pools are way to deep for me. So if i go in a deep pool
    And i want to swim, i can only swim like 1 centimeter
    Off and need to come back. But still, the ship was still
    Amazing.

17. Interesting, i think you should have compared MSC to the Royal Caribbean rather than carnival though (carnival is currently in trouble with the law for illegally dumping sewage for the 2nd time) carnival in my opinion is tacky and Royal Caribbean definitely made that clear when i went on their Allure of the Seas ship everything was super clean and sanitary, WAY MORE ORGANIZED with excursions and their service is crazy amazing, we also got on the ship at a steady pace and got off the ship very quickly and smoothly also Royal Caribbean has an app also where you can book at restaurants, activities, movies, and message other people for communication all in 2 seconds, me personally i cant go on any other cruise line if its not Royal Caribbean now unfortunately lol

18. It was good but I hated how they would serve the same things each day… it’s just boring eating the same things each day.. I liked the ice cream on deck 16 but other than that, the buffet was getting more and more boring each day.

19. Thank you for being honest. Buffets are important, pools to deep,liusy shows and all dome in a calm intelligent voice. Thats how things change.Opera ,yikes so European pretentious

20. I’m so jealous. Wish I could work/review cruises

21. Food on MSC cruises was really poor when I did one with Sinfonia. Tiny buffet, not enough variety