Australia & New Zealand Cruises

Items to Say When Interviewing for a Work as a Waiter : Job interview Etiquette

Check out A lot more:

When interviewing for a task as a waiter, you’re going to want to display that you have a handful of critical traits that will appear in handy. Discover out about items that you should be stating when interviewing for a task as a waiter with support from a expert consulting qualified in this totally free movie clip.

Skilled: Gail Tolstoi-Miller
Speak to: www.consultnetworx.com
Bio: Gail Tolstoi-Miller serves twin CEO roles at Consultnetworx, a nationwide consulting business, and Speednetworx, a pace networking occasion business servicing generally Fortune 500 companies.
Filmmaker: Brandon Somerton

Series Description: You only get a person chance to make a very good to start with perception, so you often want to make confident that you’re putting your most effective foot ahead. Discover about interview etiquette with support from a expert consulting qualified in this totally free movie series.

supply

1. HI MAM FAVOR PLS

2. tnx

3. Hopefully she follows this with a video on “you are a waiter but want to get a real job to make better money, this is how you do it”

4. I applied for a waiter job once. Asked why. I said “bc I need a job”. I mean really, “why would I want to get paid 2.50 an hour

5. Clickbait Af .

6. Ma'am I need u job plz

7. If you have won top waiter/waitress awards you're probably not going to be googling what to say in a server interview. I recieved no helpful information from this video.

8. Where is the tips bc

9. what is ceo?

10. If you are going for a job as a server then have some standards and principles. Almost all these places of employment are hostile work environments with idiot managers on power trips. You need to interview them. When they tell you what the top server makes, ask how often they overstaff and how often servers are sent home. Often they ask you if you give a two week notice. Ask them if they give two week notices. More than likely when you give your two weeks they will just take you off the schedule. Make sure you have looked at the menu first and the price points. Quite often the dinner is pricey but might include the salad which in turn keeps your check totals down. Look at the hostess stand while you are in there and look to see how the sections are divided. A 3 table section is no good unless the restaurant is very expensive. Not that I haven't killed it just turning 3 tables but this also depends on the volume of the restaurant or if the place is buzy from the time you walk in the door until they close. Size up the manager. If he is a little short guy, walk out immediately!!! Ask about tip outs. So many places want you to pay the labor for their employees. Do you like tipping out the bar when you are pouring all the wine and sodas and restocking their glassware? And they are getting a percentage of your food sales too? And you're running their food? Many places will charge the server a portion of credit card processing fees. It's not illegal but it is a simple cost of doing business that the owner passes onto its employees. It's unethical. Should you pay part of their electric bill too? I mean, c'mon, really? And these places will use you, chew you up and spit you out. They want full availability but won't allow you to have overtime. God forbid they have to pay you time and a half and fork out a measly 2 more dollars and hour! So set your boundaries. Quite often they will fire an employee for getting a second job. If you can't work every damn holiday, well, that should be expected. They will tell you how buzy it will be but they simply overstaff on those days. I've made my most money on Mondays and Tuesdays, not Saturdays. Look for common ground with your manager. If you like the same football team, he/she may be more sympathetic to scheduling you around your livelihood. They'll ask if you've been fired before. This is a dumb question that they have no business asking. They want you to be honest but who is going to say "yes" to this question? It's not their business and they are out of line for asking this question. I, however, have answered "yes." I also proceeded to ask them if they ever fired someone before. They ask why I was fired. I ask why they fire people. It's the restaurant business and this business has a high rate of turnover. I've never been fired for chronic tardiness or stealing or intoxicated on the job. I just don't kiss their asses and I stand up for myself and they don't like that. But I am very good at what I do and my sales and covers are always among the best. I'm just smarter than them and they like their authority. "Why are you looking for a job?" Again, back at them, "Why are you hiring?" Quite often you may already be aware of a certain restaurant's reputation and how they manage their employees so you may already know going into it that it's very temporary but you need some quick money until something better opens up. But if your focus is on school or some type of other training and you need this work to maintain your bills while you focus on something else then I suggest working somewhere that doesn't require you to learn another language just to serve food. Some fine dining places wanna use French terms for the names of food items when in fact it's just green beans. Fine dining is very overrated too. I've done very well in a simple small restaurant turning and burning fish tacos and beer and wine only. It's a big plus too when a place does not take reservations. Reservations just means your section doesn't get sat and too often your party either isn't as big as was reserved or it's a bunch of kids. Try to avoid kid-friendly places too. The Cheese Cake Factory is packed with kids! I know this from my own dining experience there with my family, 9 adults and 14 kids!!! I'm fine turning 4-tops, you can have the big parties. You want to know if you get your tips each night or just your cash tips or if they take your cash tips and put them in your check. You don't want to claim all your tips. You will never see that money again. People tell you, "But if you want to buy a house or a car then you want to show income." You need to make real money for those things anyway. You can claim more if you decide to but the choice should be yours and as long as your are claiming at least 10 percent or just your credit card tips then you should be fine. Restaurants are very shady businesses and some won't even pay you an hourly wage. They also will have a server doing excess sidework. Again, this is to cut corners and not pay actual labor to have a professional cleaning crew come in and clean the bathrooms, vacuum floors, mop, clean windows. Some places will make you train for far too long. They'll have you as a hostess, a food runner, a busser, and so-on. Food running is good so you can see the food but hostessing is never necessary. Neither is bussing. 3 days training is enough but that also depends on your experience and the menu. But don't stay in this business unless you plan on owning it. It's a dead end. They don't care if you are in a coma. They'll still get pissed at you for being sick. There's a ton of drama in these places. They can be fun and the money can be much better than so many other paying jobs but they will own you. NIGHTS, WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS!!!!! You will miss weddings, funerals, family gatherings, concerts, sporting events, etc,. And the idiots who have worked there longer think they have some kind of seniority. That's a joke!!! And the longer people are there the more entitled they feel. These environments are very unprofessional. So don't be nervous about an interview. It's all games in these places anyway and they want to sell you on how great the place is when in fact it sucks and you won't make money. Alot of places just hire cute young girls so the idiot manager can try and bang them. Good luck!

11. Bruh 3 seconds into that intro, girl byeee

12. No one gives a fuck about who you are you robot

13. Other than stating the obvious how about you tell me what to say when asking for a job? how to actually sell myself?

14. no sense at all WE all knew this process NEW TIPS pls!

15. Jesus Christ you must love yourself. There was no need for you to announce all of your accomplishments, just get on with the video.