Miami Cruises

Passenger Falls Off Symphony of the Seas

Passenger Falls Off Symphony of the Seas. Just like cruise ships breaking down this appears to be to be happening virtually each individual 7 days this year far too. A Passenger has gone overboard on Royal Caribbean’s Symphony of the Seas.

For those of you who are thinking, yes I am a Journey Agent and I operate with everyone in Canada and the United States 🙂

Require to get in touch with me with queries or to e book a cruise? You can email me at dterris@travelonly.com or check out my internet site at dterris.travelonly.com

Looking for information on out team cruise? Email me at dterris@travelonly.com

check out some of these other video’s

1. Rip to the guy

2. first of all he should have jumped life sucks sometimes and we all have problems we just all have to figure out how to deal with them and live with them or try to fix them not jump out of a fucking ship

3. DON- I like the shirt and Logo you are wearing! Where can I obtain it? Thanks! (Siincerely, Animal)

4. It is a sad news. But I do think the cruise line need to add the overboard system cause it could have save some one life or crew members can get the notification quicker rather than hours later if this happens overnight.

5. We’ve been on 15 cruises with different lines and I can’t see how you can fall overboard, like the other comments here. You either want to jump or your doing something really stupid 🤔.

6. How a person can fall overboard is hard to believe considering how high the railings are on these ships. This poor soul sadly jumped or thought he could hang out over the railings and not fall out. Its a terrible shame in either case.

7. You have a good heart. But, the odds of recovering from such a dive into the sea is already rare. And, it takes a lot to "fall" overboard. I would wager these people are either pushed, meant to jump, or drank themselves stupid. All three are deliberate acts.

8. I think the cruise lines have to weigh how many false alarms that would be detected, how that could interrupt the ships schedule and passenger satisfaction in a highly competitive industry. Of course it’s the duty of a ship to do all they can do to prevent accidental overboards and recover anyone that has gone overboard.

9. There are only 3 ways you can fall off a cruise ship 1)you were thrown off 2)you jumped 3)you were a silly bugger and did something stupid. Now quit blaming everyone but yourself for these situations. Only in the USA do people always look elsewhere for blame. In Mexico, you need to take due care and take responsibility because no one is going to hold your hand. How does this Don guy have toime to cruise or anything else as he seems to be in the cruise video business.

10. I just don't understand how someone can just fall off a cruise ship. It seems that there might be more to this story than meets the eye.

11. Got to assume that Royal Caribbean doesn't want a lot of false alarms to deal with, though if this is a concern they could mitigate it by having a system automatically play the infrared camera video if a jumper is detected, and only sound the MOB alarm upon human confirmation (and you would know the exact GPS coordinates of where the person jumped).

12. only way you fall off is if you're doing something stupid. the rails are designed for this.

13. Sorry to disagree with you on this one Don. "If" the alarms work is a big "if". What about false alarms? Does the ship now come to a full stop every time? Who verifies if it was a false or actual alarm? What liability would the Cruise line have if it were an actual and they at the time determine it was a false alarm? As in this case, 3 AM and there is an alarm, are we going to muster everyone to see if someone is missing? Also, alarm at 3 AM, rescue boat not launched until 3:30 AM, your slow response killed my client….
    From a liability standpoint, no cruise line is going to add an "alarm" that may end up becoming a liability nightmare.

14. So sad Don. I really think cruise ships should have this protection. Would give staff peace of mind. Thanks Don xx

15. I dont understand you just dont fall overboard a cruise ship on accident. I have been on several cruises and nothing has made me wanna hang over a railing no matter how much alchohol I have had however I have went out on my balcony at 3am and it is pitch black and the wind can get very heavy.

16. Right just blame the Cruise industry for some drunk or someone just being stupid and falling overboard. No one just falls overboard….

17. I have been on about 7 or 8 cruises and I have never come close to falling overboard.

18. I wanna know how the hell you go overboard on a ship the rails are to high

19. I don’t understand how ppl go overboard. What was this guy doing to fall ??!!

20. I have cruised with my children who were 6, 9 and 10 at the time. The first thing i taught them is DO NOT CLIMB ON ANYTHING, at any time. While I definitely sympathise with the families when this occurs, I cannot help but think it is due to being and doing something stupid! You CANNOT just fall from a cruise ship. Not without a) help, b) being and doing something stupid or c) way WAY too much alcohol along with being stupid.

21. I'm afraid that I can't see why the cruise lines should go to all that trouble when it's the stupidity of the passengers that is the problem. You can't just fall off a ship, usually some other factor is involved, probably alcohol? It's sad but people need to take responsibility for their actions. Thanks for keeping us updated on the world of cruising!

22. My condolences to his family

23. It’s too late to just sense them going over. It is very sad….

24. Darwinism

25. limit the amt of drinks a person can have and stop pushing those drink packages

26. If you're dumb enough to fall from a ship…..who cares!!

27. 3am in the morning i would say drunk. I have only been on one cruise and i was shocked at how much drinking goes on. If you have to have a drink to have a good time you have major problems.

28. I don't speak for everyone but I appreciate your informational videos. You really help us cruisers! God bless you!

29. Sorry, I don’t think the cruise lines need to spend money to protect drunk or stupid people.

30. Really it’s the cruise ships fault???? Personal responsibility is not taught anymore it’s always someone else’s fault right ,

31. I agree on the overboard surveillance systems, but the bottom line is that you can't protect people from themselves, and you can't fix stupid. I've been on about 40 cruises on many different lines, many different ships, and as others have noted many times before, you don't "accidentally fall" off a cruise ship. If you go overboard it's either because you intended to do so or you're doing something stupid and/or dangerous like climbing or sitting on a railing. The size of the larger ships today, even if you go off the lowest open deck of a 140,000 plus ton ship underway at about 20 knots, your fall is at least 70ft or more, and you'll likely be drawn under the ship by the undertow and not survive the fall. It's sad that the cruise lines get the blame for these incidents, I agree they could install the overboard systems, but at the end of the day it likely wouldn't matter anyway, the person falling doesn't have much chance of surviving going overboard at sea.

32. People need to take responsibility for their own actions

33. Things have to be modified with shiplines, specially with all the technology available. However, certain ppl should NOT be/go on cruises😒.

34. Putting up sensors around the ship is a good idea … but why not just use the first sensor that God create … it call Common Sense … here is how it work when you are on a ship just simply avoid the deck railings …. ( it's so simple )…. condolence goes out to the passenger who as lost his life … oh God .😡😡😡

35. I have never been on a cruise so I have no idea. But is it really that simple to fall off a cruise ship? Couldn't one avoid falling off a cruise ship by just not acting like an idiot?

36. It sounds like the cruise lines are blaming system unreliability instead of admitting that financials and liability are actually driving their decision not to implement.