Australia & New Zealand Cruises

Sea Princess Full Tour – First Look Following Major 2017 Refurbishment

Full tour of Princess Cruises’ cruise ship Sea Princess following its 2017 refurbishment.

This video showcases the newly refurbished ship including a look at standard cabins, mini suites, inside cabins, restaurants, bars, lounges, the Princess Theatre, the Vista Theatre, on deck and the brand new Discovery Centre.

Sea Princess is a Sun Class cruise ship designed by P&O-Princess and built at Fincantieri – Cantieri Navali Italiani S.p.A., Monfalcone, Italy.

She entered service in 1998 and had a major refurbishment in Singapore in 2017.

At 77,400 gross tons, she may not be the biggest ship in the fleet, but after this massive refit she looks practically brand new.

Join Chris Frame Maritime Historian for a tour of the ship hosted by Sea Princess’ Entertainment Director Stu McGonigall.

*I was aboard Sea Princess as a guest of Princess Cruises*

About Me:

Twitter:
Instagram:
Facebook:
Subscribe to my YouTube so you never miss a video:

1. we have already make world cruise on the sea princess it look much better then we were on it thinking about going again 2020

2. Never cruise on Sun or Sea Prinbcess and both are alike. We cruised on most ot the Princess ships (17 cruises) and all over 14 days cruise, so for us balcony is no options. I would had like to have a better view of the balcony rather than a curtain. We spend a lot of time on it.having our breakfast etc. So please next time a 7 8 seconds on the balcony will be appreciated. Thank you

3. Never been on the sea princess but I’ve been on its sister ship the p&o Oceana which was formally known as the ocean princess. Great ship and both very similar interiors.

4. We just got off the Sea Princess, great ship

5. The oldest ship in the princess fleet found her to be immaculate on a cruise in 2018

6. Thanks Chris went 5 years ago and will be on again next year. Looking forward to it

7. Wonderful ship, dying to see the alterations when we board in January 2020. We've bounced back and forth between Princess and Holland America and they are both terrific. A great pity we are not millionaires or we'd sail permanently!

8. I will be cruising Brisbane round trip to New Zealand in February on this ship. I'm very disappointed that my BA category cabin will have a metal balcony, obstructing the view when seated and at the sides even when standing. I really can't see the point of windows in any cabins being behind the heads of people in bed. Pointless and poor design in my opinion. For these reasons I think this Princess ship is a dud. Your video was excellent. Thank you.

9. Oh yes, in general we liked our cruise on the Sea Princess, almost everything is as perfect as can be – good service, friendly and polite staff – they are just sensational, great tasty food choices and if that is not enough or exquisite the additional restaurants cater for the fussiest taste-buds there are. In many ways a home away from home – the internet access sucked and some of the shows were not always that superb. When a good performance was shown there was another interesting event going elsewhere at just the same time and there were no repeats there. One had always to hurry up with dinner to catch the first theatre performance or have a take of the second one and when the sea did get ruff there was no more second show. Fully understandable, as no one likes to see an artist gets hurt……so why not delay the shows by half an hour or start earlier with serving dinner? So far a ship that caters more for the mature passengers during daytime and young enthusiastic passengers had to wait for the later at night happenings and this could do with some improvements. The on board shops have in general up market prices but the items on sale are on the average side and that takes the shopping to the offshore places if there are some. An art gallery on board is unusual. Holding an artwork seminar with targeting passengers to join artwork auctions held on board with artwork trading close to a half million dollars and over and not getting an independent expertise is really railroading odd.

10. looks good

11. My husband and I cruised to Alaska on the Sea Princess on May 24-June 3, 2009. Dawn Princess was the first ship which we sailed on Mexican Riviera Roundtrip SF from 1/4-1/25/2007 and it’s our favorite Princess ship so far! 14-Day Hawaii Voyage-Golden Princess on 1/5-1/19/2011, Star Princess cruised to Mexican Riviera from 4/3-4/13/2012, 1/9-1/20/2015 sailed to Panama Canal with Costa Rica & Caribbean on Island Princess!
    We’ve been on Grand Princess to Hawaii Voyage Roundtrip SF on 2/3-2/28/2014 and Mexican Riviera on 1/24-2/3/2017, I’m looking forward to sailing with my family on March 20, 2019😘😘😘😍

12. Is it the pacific explorers twin ship?

13. Is it the pacific explorers twin ship?

14. love seaprincess

15. I must say the TV in the Interior rooms is pretty small compared to the Golden Princess!

16. Great Video Thnxyou so much 🙂 Sea Princess is our Favorite Ship, we have sailed 4 times around NZ on it already & going again in December this year …. so glad she had the revamp she deserved 🤗

17. Why not review the Sea Princess in Dec 2018?

18. Going on in 7 days so excited!😎🥳🎉🎊

19. Our 2nd cruise in 2000 was on this ship. A great ship.

20. Going on This Ship in Feb from Bris to NZ and looking forward to it. Ive done the PnO ships so this is the 1st for Princess Love to know anyone else going on the cruise…Im taking my sister

21. I enjoyed this. Commentary was excellent too

22. Just wondering why the tour missed the aft Seaview Bar in the adult only area with the circular pool and two spas? It's a wonderful place to spend time watching the wake and for sailaways. Sea Princess is my favourite (mainly because it still has Café Corniche Pizza restaurant) and so far I've probably spent 170 days on her. I wish they'd build some more ships of that size.

23. Love the Sea Princess and the Sun Princess, both beautiful ships. Will not book with the latest additions to the fleet as they are too big which might be good from a commercial point of view for the shipping line, but not for passengers. It takes far too long to get all passengers on or off at any port of call, unless you are fortunate enough to be able to afford the more top end cabins or suites. We are long time cruisers and our experience is that ships with say a max of 2000-2200 passengers are far more enjoyable from that point of view. Princess Cruises are ideal for the more mature passengers who would prefer not to have unruly kids running amok, like they are in a playground with no respect for others. Princess get a big thumbs up from me.

24. Only thing against all these refits, is they STILL use shower curtains. Even on their latest ships.Hope they have upgraded the Spas, as most did not work or jets were broken and no bubbles.We did a 76 day cruise around around South America on her and loved it apart from the spas.Bring back the Happy Hour as well, as this was well used on long cruises.

25. love princess. we are coming over from NZ in march to do top end of Australia, looking forward to it

26. We love the sea princess we have had two cruises so far and enjoyed both ,hence the reason of our up and coming third cruise March 2019 around Australia we can’t wait to get on board again .See you soon Princess..

27. Love the Sea Princess and the refurb is lovely as is the beds they are the new bedding and they are so soft……see you in January 2019 for back to back

28. Cabins are very small and cramped, except for a suite. The balcony is tiny! This ship is not for me.

29. Very similar to Oceana that we were on this year in the Mediterranean

30. Need's some more refit's  get rid of those viewsonic's  and try sony vision 25 inch's and up to lure the customer back and again

31. Going again on this ship in November!! Can’t wait!!!

32. Nice vid. Thanks for taking the time.

33. My ex-ship,i was worked as a Deck Hand on this ship for 9 months, the worst life ever in my life,No holiday,salary is very low,seamens life in ships like a slave,the entire Deck Crews were Philipinos.

34. thanks for the vid mate.

35. My favourite ship looking forward to sailing with her again

36. Loved you video as we are going to be on the Sea Princess around Australia in March, 2019. My only recommendation is that I would like to see video of the handicap rooms. No one seems to show these rooms.

37. It's a pitty the basic TV's were not replaced

38. We have been on Sea Princess a few times and it is our favourite ship of the fleet.

39. Have cruised on the Sea Princess earlier in the year but now have to go again to see the beautiful improvements.

40. Enjoyed previous cruises on the Sea Princess. Looking forward to the refurbishment on our Christmas cruise.

41. Thanks so much for sharing. I am so pleased that the Sea Princess is looking so good and I am looking forward to her next world cruise!

42. Looks great and the Sea Princess is one of my favourite ships. I only have one problem when onboard a ship to find a decent lounge type chair with a higher seating. To sit in a lounge chair which has low seating, I have an awful time trying to get out even with my walking stick unfortunately some times this is the only seating available. Would like to see more higher seating for people with my complaint & the elderly who require it in most area's of the ship.

43. Love it ,hopefully aboard very soon ,need a spa Wow ,cannot wait ,thanks so much. ,🔝🌹🌹🌹💫🌟💕💕💕😎💗💗💗

44. It certainly looks nice but the mini-suite shown looks more like a full suite, am I mistaken or what???