Caribbean Cruises

Cruise Ships move to Avoid Tropical Storm Dorian

Cruise Ships move to Avoid Tropical Storm Dorian. Several cruise ships have changed from a western Caribbean cruise to an Eastern Caribbean cruise to avoid tropical Storm Dorian. Dorian launches the 2019 Hurricane Season with many more storms expected to follow.

Check out Our other Channel here and maybe subscribe for some laughs.

For those of you who are wondering, yes I am a Travel Agent and I work with anyone in Canada and the United States πŸ™‚

Need to contact me with questions or to book a cruise? You can email me at dterris@travelonly.com or check out my website at dterris.travelonly.com

Looking for information on out group cruise? Email me at dterris@travelonly.com

check out some other cruising videos here:

1. Yes I choose not to travel at this time of year.

2. 107Β° here in Texas

3. πŸ‘

4. Very much liked your spin on Bill Nye the Science Guy with your easy to understand explanation of cyclones, hurricanes and typhoons. A thoroughly enjoyable and informative video for your 51K subscribers who may not have known that the three are all one in the same. Continued good health and safe travels Don

5. Good video Don. I think I would prefer the older ships in a storm. The new ships are much higher and therefore catch the wind. They also look very "top heavy "

6. Just took cruise on NCL Bliss to Alaska last week. Very rainy and windy. We had gale force wind and could not dock at Ketchikan. So missed the only port I would have been able to get off with a scooter. Appears they are afraid of these mega ships crashing into their docks. I don't blame them. We missed glacier day 2 years ago, due to fog. Nothing anyone can do about the weather. I don't like the mega ships anyway. Not very handicap accessible. Lots of excursions and shows were cancelled or rescheduled on the whole cruise. I will cruise on mid size ships from now on.

7. Watching from Barbados. Here hoping and praying it disbands.

8. AND I apologize…I went off-topic…..the subject was hurricanes. Frankly I tend to trust the judgement of the crews in these situations. I'm a retired airline pilot, AND if I did not have the understanding of the levels of experiences involved here?? Well….

9. Thanks for the interesting info. A weather buff told me they are all tornadoes grabbing and flinging around whatever is available. Might be temporarily fascinating to end up in a surprise destination like Oz. Smooth sailing you guys.

10. Don? Hello. You're up there in the "Great White North"(??) I'm back, finally, here in "Sunny" California… (Grew up here, didn't live here my whole life.)

Don?? I have found your videos great to watch and …. well…. the majority of my cruise experiences have been on Charters with "Atlantis Events" which you might know is a premium-priced charter that caters to the LGBTQ community mostly. Although I have met my share of straight couples on-board as well. DID once cruise down the Nile River from Abu Simbel back to Cairo….but many years ago….(LONG story…)…

Once took my mother on an Atlantis cruise…YVR to Alaska….that was in 1995….(she isn't quite as "ambulatory" now as she was then…).
    Just wanted to say "HI"!! (no 'emogies' here)…..
    RECENT video of yours RE: Virgin?? Well, piqued my interest….the "Scarlette Lady". I mean? Come on??? WHO in their right mind wouldn't be intrigued??

That's all….for now…..

11. I dont want to see clouds on cruise vacation, let alone a hurricane

12. Waiting for the cruisers to start saying give me give me you changed the itinerary.

13. Dnt come to Haitian waters you will be prosecuted.

14. Thanks for explaining the different names for the same thing.

15. I've booked for next September on Celebrity Equinox for the southern Caribbean. Got an unbelievable bargain

16. Hi Don! Thanks for the storm update!

17. Changing the port stops would never bother me. For us, being on a cruise ship is the holiday I booked! Take to high seas anywhere you want .

18. Rock the boat! Don’t rock the boat baby! Rock the boat!

19. Eastern Caribbean cruises are being changed to Western Caribbean — not the reverse as Don said.

20. Going to St Lucia on 8th October, please, please, please let the hurricane season be finished by then! Another great informative vid Don πŸ‘

21. I’ve sailed through a few storms. My experience has always been the ships out running the weather. I guess with the climate changing, I fear I may not be so lucky during the season.

22. Safety is paramount! I enjoy a bit of movement on my cruise but NOT in a hurricane! Lol!

23. Hi Don I am leaving on the Carnival Magic on Saturday πŸ™‚

24. Thanks for the updates and information Don.

25. Love a good storm!

26. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

27. Thanks for the updates Don. Its 82 degrees & blue skies here in Huntington Beach CA today.
    πŸ™‚

28. Good afternoon Don, hope you are well, can we get you to ship some of the cooler air to Florida for us please, hopefully the storm won't be nothing but a Rainmaker. Stay safe God bless

29. Thanks for the updates Don

30. Just got back from my Carnival cruise Aug 15 – lucky I was not in the storm during ours. Honestly, except Coco Cay, I don’t care about the Carribean ports. I’d rather have more sea days 🌊

31. I am off to a cruise in early October. ( Long Beach to Singapore). Can you dust off your Chrystal ballπŸ˜‚? I’d like to have an idea about the weather …..
    great vlogs as usual! Thank you Don for your hard work πŸ›³πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

32. Please keep me updated on Canada heading that way next week

33. My only experience of hurricanes was when we travelled around Florida. There were three hurricanes, one on the east coast when we were in the middle , one on the west coast when we were on the east, then another on the west coast when we were staying at Disney. On the latter occasion a huge storm came through and we had to shelter in a Ghirardelli shop in Downtown Disney. My daughter had a chocolate drink so good she didn't need the BA 777 to fly home the next day.
    As far as I am concerned, I would rather be safe and suffer the awful facilities on board. I am sure some people travel looking to get money back at any opportunity.

34. wat happened to the whale trophy win at 50k subs?

35. Better safe than sorry, look what happened to the SS Minnow and Gilligan😁

36. I love turbulence on airplanes…I would love a cruise in rough seas
    Anyway to get a GUARENTEED CRUISE with rough seas???

37. It is easy to get upset when you miss a particular port. But I would rather be safe than sorry. Besides it gives you an excuse to take that cruise again.

38. What about your friends Tony and Jen? Any word on their ship?

39. Hurricane season is from May to November, so it's rather hard to avoid it. I thought it was reported the Disney Fantasy changed from an Eastern Caribbean cruise to a Western one to avoid this current hurricane.