Caribbean Cruises

Budget cruise excursions and loyalty rewards

Hi Cruisers! In this weeks vlog we have viewer tips (great idea for laundry), lobster night, budget excursion ideas, and Cruise line loyalty rewards.

1. Sting rays in grand Cayman or starfish island

2. This is my first cruise…I'm going on the Carnival Valor out of Galveston in April for my bday. I'm looking for inexpensive excursions in Cozumel and Progresso. Any suggestions?

3. In the Grand Cayman take the cab to Rum Point

4. In Grand Cayman, we really enjoyed a tour from Cayman eco adventures. It was not crowded and they really had a nice family tour to see the stingrays, hold starfishes, and snorkel the reef!

5. Hard to no do your laundry on a 25 day cruise!

6. From listening to the passengers talking to each other here and there I got the impression that RCCL Crown and Anchor was the one they liked the best. What's your choice?

7. How much money should you put on your cruise card ?

8. Hi Sheri,
    Another way to enhance loyalty is with a credit card offering cruise line benefits. We have a Princess card and use it for everything. Pay off the balance every month and you have points you can use for onboard credits, Lotus Spa, etc. We have more than enough credits to pay for all of our excursions and tips every cruise.

9. with any loyalty  card not just princes any loyalty card  carnival, celebrity, Royal Carribbean Holland , Norweign  at gold level, Platinum, Diamond,  elite  do you ever get 50% off  specialty  dining rooms?  do you get into suite  lounges  if you stay in a balcony room  but have the loyalty cards of gold level and above?

10. Grand Cayman…. definitely go to Stingray City! Cozumel has awesome shopping so the port is ok. Jamaica…. I only saw the port in Ochos Rios. It wa definitely not nice. If ever I'm on a cruise stopping at Ochos Rios I would do Dun River Falls or stay on the ship.

11. Jamaica, Dunns River Falls, Beach Club, plantation tours
    Grand Cayman, 7 mile beach is cool but crowded, sting ray city, which you can get to by catamaran or wave runners..we did wave runners and they also go to a small private beach for about an hour,
    They both have dolphin tours too

12. Did you hear that Norwegian is going to be home porting a brand new ship in Seattle for Alaskan cruises? The rep I spoke to said they may start booking as early as May! (though the website says January)

Also, I asked about bringing drinks back onto the ship while in ports that maybe aren't alcoholic, and the rep said that they'll hold onto the drinks and give them back just like they do alcohol.

13. Hi Sheri,
    I have a couple of questions for you. How hard is it ( physically) to get on and off a tender boat? How does the line up for a tender work? Have a great week.

14. Sounds fantastic. I'm looking forward to the vlogs from your next cruise. I do hope you get to take it easy. If you work like I do you need a break.

15. In Jamaica we did Dunns River Fall it was amazing

16. A

17. where did you get your cruise lanyard i have seen i your other videos. it looks loke a small wallet and perfect so things don't fall out. love your tips

18. Xcaret is awesome at Progresso! There are cenotes, ruins, unusual animals, and a ton of other things. It's a good deal. (Double check pricing. Sometimes, the price at the gate is the same as an excursion and it includes bus trip.)

19. That was a really helpful video. All the topics.

20. Hi you know how they have a shop that you could order stuff online and when you show up to the room it will be there I wanted to know if it was worth to buy stuff ahead of time or not

21. We were on the Dream last March and we had lobster on the first elegant night and of course you can get lobster at the steak house!

We also loved Nachi Cocom! Loved the swim up bar and hot tubs!

22. Just came home from our first cruise. It was so wonderful! Wanted to thank you for helping to make the cruise the time of ours lives.

23. We need to start an excursion reward website, a free excursion after every 10 bookings (but like hotels.com you're SOL if you cancel anything!). Oh, there's a round trip Carnival Journey cruise starting next year, going from Long Beach, CA to Alaska. Not much in the way of coastal stops, but it's 14 days and includes Sitka.

24. Winkey if you have never been to those ports Cozumel is outstanding for snorkeling. Jamaica do a Dunn's River Tour, and Grand Cayman Sting Ray City Tour. If you have already done those things then I agree Nachi Como, Mr Sanchos, or Playa Mia in Cozumel, in Jamaica go on a tour for sure we had some very uncomfortable moments when we tried walking around on our own. Grand Cayman take a taxi to 7 mile beach (you will have to pay for chairs, umbrella, beverages & food). There is nothing cheap in Grand Cayman that I know of.

25. Great video as always. Do you think you could show off your Princess Atlas sometime, it sounds like a really cool perk and no one usually shows off the perks. BTW I hope hubby escaped!

In response to Winkie3575, when I was aboard the Carnival Dream it was a 7 day cruise and we did have a lobster night. We had two formal nights and one of those was lobster night. The Cruise Director is really good about coming over the loudspeakers for reminders and they will remind you what night is lobster night. Remember you can order as much lobster as you want so dont be shy. The Dream is a really nice ship, its a larger vessel so it offers a lot. One tip I learned from another cruiser is that there is a really cool made to order pasta bar called Pasta Bella. Its ONLY on the Dream according to Carnival's website. Its located on the second level of the buffet(Deck 11) towards the Aft of the ship but still in the buffet area. It gets busy sometimes but on embarkation day no one has discovered it so its not busy and its pretty quiet up there. Happy Cruising!

26. Hey Sheri are u guys going to do another pack with us for the next cruise u guys are going on

27. I'm planning to take a cruise 🚢 in the spring on the carnival fantasy leaving from Mobile, AL to Cozumel. I don't want to spend a fortune on excursions; could you suggest 1-2 excursions that should be done? And should we private book or book through Carnival? By the way, it will be just me and either my husband or best friend.

28. I'm platinum on Princess. Since Carnival owns Princess and a few other cruise lines , I sure wish they'd let you combine all your cruises – I'd be Elite by now!

29. lots of great info. thanks.

30. Dunn's Falls in Jamaica!! Fantastic!
    Grand Cayman – stingray swimming & HELL (yes a place called Hell – formed from an old volcano)!!