Miami Cruises

Brightline/Virgin Trains – Florida’s new railway | Miami to West Palm Beach | First Class/Select

Hi, in this video you will see Florida’s new long distance train – the Brightline train, soon to operate under the Virgin Trains USA brand. I have booked the highest booking class, called select. I will also show you a different, cheaper train as some bonus content at the end of the video.
———————————————————————————————————-
Music: composed for this video using Apple Logic X Pro and Apple loops as well as my own creativity 🙂
———————————————————————————————————-
My blog: www.travelmentary.tv

1. Hi, this is my new video about the Brightline train. I also added some bonus content about a different train operating between the same cities. Enjoy the video and have an amazing day!

2. My suggestion….eat before you board the train….no big deal. The meals were fine. This is the best we have in this country so far so is a thumbs up from me.

3. VOICE BORING

4. The issue with more advanced food options, is if you're suggesting things like a precooking meal. Brightline does not have a kitchen car on board. Something like this would also raise costs, and Brightline doesn't have a lot of people riding on it, surprisingly. Not a lot of peoppe means not a lot of money. Not a lot of money, means no money after a while, especially with the costs of purchasing the items needed for the meals, preparing them, serving them, etc. You also have to take into account the cost of maintaining such a service.

5. I’ve used both trains. Personally I like the Tri-tail better. Tri-Rail is much more convenient to get around once you arrived at your destination. The fact it takes 34 minutes longer is not a big deal to me.

6. You had me at alcoholic options!

7. It's a diesel train. Nothing more to add.

8. More civilised and quicker than driving.

9. Good call calling it Brightline. Thats what we Floridians call it

10. Brightline and Tri-Rail are both awesome trains! Better alternative to this damn traffic down here in South Florida! Tri-Rail is a conventional Commuter Train with Cab Control Cars and EMD GP49H-3, Brookville Equipment BL36PH, EMD and MK Rail F40PH-2 and F40PH-3 Locomotives the latter coming back after rebuilds at Progress Rail in Patterson, Georgia. Brightline on the other hand is a long distance commuter train bought and paid for by private investors. It's a luxury train for a longer run, at higher speeds over Class 6 tracks! It has Siemens Mobility Products SCB-40 Charger Locomotives as its power and they run off of environmentally friendly Bio-Diesel Fuel instead of the Petroleum based "Red" Farm Diesel Fuel as the Tri-Rail Locomotives. Both are awesome and I'm a proponet of both! I also like the Sun Rail in Central Florida!

11. Are you able to speak to the wheelchair accessibility of these Brightline/Virgin trains? How does someone who uses a wheelchair get on, and where do they sit? Also, how many wheelchairs can be on a train at a time? Is there a limit? Last time I wrote a train, it was the Amtrak Coastal Starlight. Hubby and I spent 2 1/2 days traveling from San Diego to Portland Oregon. It was a very rickety ride. And I had to stay in one place the whole time. I couldn’t move from car to car, which was a bummer, because from what they said on the overhead PA, a lot of fun was to be had in the parlor car.

12. Great video! Thanks for posting. I honestly wish they would have utilized catenary/pantograph technology. Less emissions and seemingly higher speed capability. However, aesthetically speaking, the catenary cables can be somewhat of an eye sore…especially in major metropolitan areas. I wonder why we don't utilize third rail powering technology on high speed commuter rails. Hmmm…third rails are more rugged and can endure a bit more of a beating over time. I assume it has something to do with speed capability. If I'm not mistaken, I believeI read somewhere that catenary cable systems are capable of carrying a much higher voltage capacity. I could be mistaken. Regardless, this is a beautiful train. They really did an excellent job with the overall aesthetic experience and turnaround times.

13. Great work. And LOL @9:35 ".. which has 2 star rating on google" made my day.

14. Would like to go on brightline but create an account offer is not working please fix it.

15. Great video. I'm planning on trip from Miami to fort Lauderdale airport so I think it is best for me to take tri rail but I heard bright line will be making station at fort Lauderdale airport soon so it may make more sense then. I may still try it just to ride the new train though 😬

16. Love your video but why did you block out faces?

17. I don't know, the Brighhtline just falls short on my expectations.
    I travel on Chinese High Speed rail a lot, my expectations are kinda high lol

18. I love the Brightline, it’s by far the best train in the US. Smart class is good as well.

19. The Virgin/Brightline station 🚉 in Orlando (Airport) is complete, were just awaiting the rail lines. Virgin plans to expand to Tampa Bay.

Our (Central-Florida) version of Trirail is called Sunrail (with much newer trains than Tri-rail)

20. Hi – great video. I was down at MiamiCentral a couple weeks ago, and since your visit they've also opened up a big food hall on the second story with outposts from several local restaurants. Also, management confirmed there will be expanded food options once the long-haul leg to Orlando is opened in 2022.

21. الله يعطيك الصحة 🌹👍🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

22. Florida man.

23. Another great video.

24. Its also one of the only private funded services in the US.

25. The prices are extremely reasonable for the journeys you made. I had no idea such a line existed. No plans to visit FL soon, but when I do, I'll try and travel by this train. Thanks so much for sharing and ignore the naysayers- they have nothing better to do than complain 🙁

26. I enjoyed the video and have been waiting for this for a while. I have travelled on it before and hope to go back.

27. And to the guy that complained that the video is too old, but deleted the comment afterwards: This is only a little hobby in my very busy life. I have many things to do besides this channel, studying, working etc.. It is not a professional channel. As much as I love to share my videos with an international audience, I don't think anybody is entitled to get anything from me or is in the position to demand anything. I only make videos for the fun of it in my very limited free time. You either accept that or go and watch full time Youtubers. Have a wonderful day.

28. We would choose the Brightline when traveling in South Florida.