Australia & New Zealand Cruises

Fatal volcanic eruption in New Zealand caught on camera

Multiple people are dead and others missing after a volcanic eruption on New Zealand’s White Island. Video captured by a bystander shows the eruption as it happened. New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern addresses the fatal event.
#CNN #News

1. Carbon tax that idiots !

2. I wonder whether the tourist company will pay damages to the families of the dead.

3. That's what happens when you don't respect nature.

4. I can think of a whole lotta black males and black females I would have loved to see standing around that volcano as it went off…..😁that would have been such a satisfying feeling.

5. Bro im not even going to a country with a volcano.

6. It’s massive

7. Lol life is hard enough without walking into active volcano craters smh

8. My friend was on this cruise and he might have been the last person to see 2 of the victims. Scary

9. Wow this volcano is really giving off steam. Let's head down into the crater for a closer look…

10. Volcano is erupting and the boat is literally driving sideways. Nice.

11. so it's an unpredictable active volcano and still they allow tourists visiting and walking to that volcano as if it's a leisure park.. also those tourists who went there hiking are careless.

12. I look at her as a priminister and then look at mine and I can not stop my self from crying.

13. The promoters should go to jail forever

14. They wanted the as simple as that

15. My dad's coworker is one of the people that was there during the eruption!😭 he is hospitalized right now with 40% of his body burned.😭 I pray for all these people though!

16. Bla bla bla… bla ….. blablbablaaaa…

17. Terrible video

18. Very unpredictable volcano I know my fellow Countryman voted in a idiot did not know how much of one it is the most unpredictable volcano it's unique for that quality what happened was guaranteed if you were allowed tourism not might happen it was a case of will happen it's unique for going off without warning every time at the slightest build of pressure

19. So going into an active volcano that is known to explode without warning and kill people in large numbers might not be a good idea it was a case of win it was going to kill people not if sorry if I'm not standing sympathetic but there's a limit to stupid moves before I feel sorry for people don't get me wrong I was going to visit it to you at some stage till I heard about what happened to the dock Rangers and the volcanoes unique for going off without warning that is what white island is most famous for going off without warning it's incredibly fortunate and lucky that more people did not die

20. People visit acvtive volcanos all the time and its very rare that something happens…I still wonder why people have to get as near as possible to the crater..Oh wait no not really humans…

21. I feel just awful for everyone caught up in the White Island explosion!! 😯😣
    However, for health and safety to be lauching an investigation?!?! That's just ludicrous!! Pay me $100k a year and I'll tell you exactly what happened….. Infact, I'll give you this analysis for free….

A FUCKEN ACTIVE VOLCANO EXPLODED!!!
    There!!!
    There are signs posted everywhere to tell people that it is an ACTIVE volcano… And that they take the tour at their own risk…
    They’ve had many, many tours go ahead with similar warnings, and nothing happened… It just so happened that on this day, it did erupt… Sad for everyone involved…. BUT…
    No person or people are to blame!! All pointing fingers does is make a horrible situation worse!!!

22. imagine not warning tourists about this

23. Why did I see the same scene over and over again? The plumes in the back ground were producing zero threat. No ejecta was landing in the water or on the boat. Something fishy here. Oh dear – I just realized – it's Cnnnnnnnn again lol

24. To the victims may they all rest in peace now,. #prayers# for them🙏.

25. Too far for greatta thunnbirg

26. People are burnt to death by volcanic fumes, thousands of degrees hot, and breathing in toxic smoke that burns their skin and lungs and the news are censoring swear words, because that's too horrible to hear. The fucking irony of witnessing this bizarre moment we live in…

27. What the fuc cnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ur full of shit they where on the boat all ready on the water

28. you still lie

29. A volcanic burp is not a major eruption.

30. It’s incredible that some people survived that pyroclastic flow

31. What we have here is an example of Darwin at work. They were warned that the volcano was showing signs of an impending eruption but they went anyway. The kids who died didn't deserve that, but I feel nothing for the adults.

32. 🙏🙏🙏🙏
    2:00 🖤💖
    2019 dec?
    👇👇💗

33. How did they not evacuate the site before it even happened? There would be increased measurable activity before the volcano erupted, there should be professionals checking activity so this doesnt happen again.

34. Nobody on that boat was injured the volcano hadn't erupted until they were starting to leave here is the full video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvuhtG1c2II

35. They might have died but more important, did they get good videos?

36. HORRIBLE… , those POOR people who died… 😪
    Sending PRAYERS…🙏🙏🙏

37. can't imagine, as another news broke, victims when found were "enveloped by cloud of extremely hot gas".. what are they like ? it's horrific. a smoke man.

38. How dare you!??? What are you gonna do about it! I want you to panic,,,,,, how DARE YOU!,,
    This is all our blessed presidents fault….. how dare you..

39. Don’t teach women not to walk into an active volcano; Teach volcanoes not to erupt.

40. My teacher said she heard this on the news 📰

41. I’m in Canada, and I sadly have no sympathy. Because, there were warnings. There was risks, and consequences for going to this place.
    This is what the term “curiosity killed the cat.” comes from.

However, I do pray for New Zealand to heal from this disaster. Especially the 21 y/o who passed from this.
    I’m sorry.

42. And just wait for the Department of Active Volcanos to be established, complete with an office, 150 staff on salaries starting at 75k