Miami Cruises

Future Cruise Credit or Cash Refund? – Top 5 Cruise Cancelation Tips (2020)

In this time of uncertainty around the globe, the idea of cruising may not be top of mind for many, but for the thousands of us that have cruises booked in the coming months, the prospect of further cancelations for fully paid reservations has large monetary and personal ramifications.

In this video, I’ll share my tips for making wise financial choices and how to keep your best options open.

#CruiseCancelation #CruiseShips #KeepOnCruising

Have Questions about Cruising?
Ask Here.

Get the Latest Cruise News & Our Views

Social Media Links:
Twitter:
Instagram:
Facebook:

1. Has your cruise(s) been canceled? Let us know in the comments.

2. Cash is king. Credits don't do any good if they don't get back to normal. Its like buying a new model car. Do you want to be the first . Plus the cruise industry is just going to raise prices not only on the cruises but expect to pay more for everything on board.
    Our April Princess cruise was canceled. I just want my money back. We have been on 14 cruises. Going to be many years before I will trust cruise ships.

3. Good advice! I would get an immediate refund because I suspect some of the cruise companies will not survive this crisis and then you will lose all your money! 🤭

4. Received notice of our May 9 cruise on Celebrity being cancelled. The usual 100% refund or 125% FCC. I don't quite understand how this works. Do I have to use the entire FCC on another cruise? What if the next cruise costs less? Is it really worth taking the FCC?

5. Hello i have cruise booked for May 3-10 with Carnvial was just wandering why haven't they cancel our cruise yet

6. RCCL cancelled our cruise. Received email with options to get 125% FCC or refund; email included link to form to request refund, otherwise do nothing for 125% FCC.
    Filled out form in link to request refund, at the end a screen said I would get an email “shortly” (I assume it would include come type of confirmation code) and that refund would process in about 30 days. Well…it’s been over a week and have not gotten any email from RCCL yet.
    Additionally, partially purchased the cancelled cruise using FCC from a previously cancelled cruise (Hurricane Dorian)…and there’s no telling how that is going to be credited back. The Dorian FCC had an expiration date of September 2020.
    Still lots of uncertainty and chaos. As this drags on, it remains to be seen if my money & FCCs will get thrown into the fire if RCCL files for bankruptcy protection.

7. I don’t know if I should book a cruise in August on the Symphony and Oasis. Still seeing if it will calm down by then in which I’m sure it will be by the time.

8. Our problem is we've paid for the deposit and the insurance for a Holland-America Alaska cruise in mid-July and they are scheduled to take the balance from my credit card on April 1. It starts in Seattle and we have not bought airline tickets yet. If we cancel before April 1 will we lose the deposit and the insurance amount? What if we go for it and the pandemic is still an issue then? What to do?

9. I’m booked for April 16 on the Carnival Miracle out of San Francisco to go on a 15 day Hawaii cruise. Really getting annoyed that Carnival hasn’t contacted me to give me an idea of if they will be back and running or if the Cruises will go longer for the shutdown. I live in Ohio and have a flight the day before to go to California so I hope I don’t find out it’s canceled after I fly out. My flight keeps getting changed around too so I would love to know ASAP so I could cancel my flight and my hotel in San Francisco if the cruise ain’t going to happen April 16. I hate being in limbo not knowing when the cruise is quickly approaching. This was supposed to be an awesome cruise for me and my husband’s 10th anniversary and then all this covid-19 stuff happened. 😕

10. Good advice Chris! I just got a full refund. I was going on a 12days Mediterranean Cruise in July.

11. I just got off the phone with Expedia and requested a full refund! She filled out my request forms from Norweigian! She said they have 90 damn days. I still have another cruise scheduled with Norweigian in Oct. I was only on hold for 5 min.

12. I'm scheduled to sail on Carnival Sunshine on May 16. I'm going to wait it out and let them cancel is that's the case. But if it sails I'm going. I also have one booked for Explorer of the Seas jan 2021. That one should be ok. It's supposed to go into dry dock from March to may for royal amplification but I'm not sure if that's going to happen.

13. Chris….I was thinking of booking Odessy of the seas in March 2021. Can you tell me if this ship is finished or will it be delayed?

14. Our May 10 Oasis cruise is definitely slipping away. We should get 2,900 I'm future cruise credit. Will rebook for Sept even though I swore last year we wouldn't sail in hurricane season. We will get 2 cruises out of it though. September this year and then next spring. Great vid my friend.

15. I have a 9 night Carnival Cruise scheduled for the end of May 2020 which has not yet been cancelled yet but I am positive that it will be cancelled. It is very difficult to get ahold either with the cruise line or the travel agency. I will wait it out and if it does go out then I will also or if it doesn’t and if they do cancel they will give me a full credit plus $600.00 extra as long as I go on another Carnival Cruise by December 31, 2021. Which I feel is a good deal.

16. You made some great suggestions. I will wait it out rather than making decisions in haste. Thanks for sharing as always.

17. nice video I really liked it