Usa & Canada Cruises

BIG CRUISE UPDATE : USA Fallout From No-Sail Lifting, Europe Drama, Viking Cruises and More

In this cruise update, I look at 6 of the biggest and latest cruise news updates and explore what is now happening on resumption of cruising and cancellations in the USA after the CDC No-sail order lapsed and was replaced with the Framework for Conditional Sailing. I also look at the state of cruising in Europe as cases surge and Italy, France, Spain, Germany and other countries go into further lockdowns, and discuss cruise cancellations, changes in cruising and its impact, as well as exploring big news from Viking Cruises and the UK.

To find out more about what the CDC Framework for Conditional sailing really entails, watch my video:

BECOME A TIPS FOR TRAVELLERS MEMBER

Facebook:
Instagram:
LinkedIn:
TikTok: @garybembridge

ABOUT TIPS FOR TRAVELLERS
————————————————–
Gary Bembridge’s Tips For Travellers aims to help you make more of your precious travel time and money on land and when cruising the oceans or rivers of the world. To help you, in every video I draw on my first-hand tips and advice from travelling every month for over 20 years and 77 cruises at time of making this video.

#CruiseUpdate #CruiseNews #CruiseNewsUpdate

00:00 Start
00:35 USA Update
03:18 Key West Update
04:26 Viking Cruises Update
05:23 Europe Update
07:58 New Countries Update
08:23 UK Update

1. thank you 🙏 for your wonderful job.

2. I have three cruises booked….but the first is not until November 2021. I thought this was a safe, date but I am beginning to wonder with the spike in US cases (where I live) and the timeframe for distributing a vaccine.

3. after vaccine, we will be back to normal . Before march probably…

4. Could you please do a 'Tips' video for the best cruises for disabled people. For ex if you are in a wheel chair, is it best to cruise ocean or river? What cruise line (or even ship) is the best for wheelchair users? What areas (depending on excursions) are best for disabled travellers; Carribbean, Mediterranean or cross ocean?

5. Tom Cruise has to change his name….Tom Nocruise

6. It's nice that they test so frequently, but I don't think any of the test results are readily available.

7. This entire virus thing is nothing but a lie! Yes it’s real but it was blown out of proportion. Anyone that speaks up about the truth from the medical field they get canceled and so you don’t get the truth. People are dying from other things and they are tacking on the virus saying it was that that killed them. I have first hand knowledge of them doing this and the video of doctors telling the truth that was taken down from the net. Why are they doing it ? Governments see this as a great advantage to control people and they have effectively have done that and destroyed everything in the process. People are wearing face masked in their cars while alone… what does that tell you ? Do your research, for example the population in the USA is around 365 million. The so called deaths from the virus is just over 2 thousand. That’s NOT a lot considering the amount of the population. More people die from the flu, work accidents and car accidents separate then those stats. REMEMBER! Every year thousands of older people die from the flu… people are being brian washed and letting the government do it. Do your own research and never trust the government as we all know how corrupt they are.

8. So should i book for February out of the US or not?

9. The Key West limits, I can see other ports limiting both the number of cruise ships and passengers disembarked – specifically, Venice comes to mind. Since the halt of cruises and mass tourism to the city, the canal water is clear again, dolphins have returned to the lagoon, and even water lilies have returned to the canals. Tough for cruise tourists, but a cut back might not be a bad thing.

10. cannot see world wide sailings till a vaccine is available – covid is on a massive upturn worldwide 🙁 so cant see many if any countries will allow people in visit:(once the vaccines are out then i think we will be all sailing – long as you have the vaccine then you would be able to sail im thinking

11. Gary, I think it's best to just be patient and wait for major sailings to begin. (when ever that is…) For people to really plan sailing.

12. I personally think it's gonna be a long time before cruising ever returns to normal…..We had a great day in the USA yesterday…..I hope you are doing well also. Thanks for posting.

13. Personally I’d settle for a 7 day cruise to nowhere, and if they greatly expand the room service menu, my wife andI will gladly self isolate on our balcony for virtually the entire cruise.

14. I am booked on a Saga cruise in May 21 but rather hope it does not go ahead. Rules on their website say masks will be worn in all public areas. Part of the enjoyment of travelling for a single person is getting to talk to new people. That is almost impossible with a mask.

15. What do you think the likelihood of cruising in August to Norway and Iceland?

16. Oh to know what the future is. Cruising will start when it does. Even if all cruiselines go under new ones will come along. I believe there will be Cruising again sooner rather than later. All is speculation until first ship sails with paying passengers.

17. Why doesn't this guy along with "Don" and "Bruce"  tell people like it is that cruising is finished for the forseable future .  That way we all know where we stand . At present its guesswork if your winter cruise 2021 is going to go ahead which I will tell you all now that unless the Who has declared the virus eradicated , your cruise will not go ahead . and quite possibly the winter cruise 2022 /30  .  Royal Carribean have admitted they only have funds for 10 more months before …oblivion  and no doubt the other lines will follow .  There it is folks.  Cruising is no more .  End of !

18. We love Key West, but it appears we aren't going back unless we fly in from now on! We like premium line larger ships, so will miss out. Shame. Thanks, as ever, for the informative update, Gary.

19. KEY WEST SUCKS

20. The cruise lines are COWARDS

21. Thanks so much Gary, for yet another superb and comprehensive update. Such bad news once again. Just wish and hope that the cruise lines can survive these draconian restrictions.

22. It is very unwise to book any cruise with any line to go anywhere until the coronavirus problem is resolved one way or another. I hope the cruise industry remains viable as it seems problematic for cruising to resume in any meaningful way well into 2021.

23. Very informative, as always. Thanks Gary!

24. Cruises on American rivers may be able to start sooner I’m hoping.

25. As always….your information and updates are much appreciated. I look forward to every video you post.

26. Gary, you continue to do a superb job of keeping us informed. Thank you, as always.

27. Richard Fain must step down or be removed by the board!

28. CRUISING MUST BE BANNED WORLDWIDE UNTIL THE PANDEMIC IS UNDER CONTROL!

29. Another well-informed update. Thanks, Gary!

30. As a travel agent, this makes it so hard to make recommendations for my clients who want to sail except to say shoot for 2022. So sad for all of us.