Caribbean Cruises

10 Things People Don't Realize About Royal Caribbean's Unlimited Alcohol Package!

Lots of cruisers love Royal Caribbean’s Deluxe Beverage Package for the convenience and budget-friendly option it provides. I’m sharing the secrets to help you …

1. without knowing what drinks cost it is difficult to assess if the drink package is worth it or not. What does the fresh squeezed OJ cost, a specialty coffee, a glass of wine, a mixed drink, etc. That information would be most helpful

2. Question. If me and my family all have drink packages. Can they sit down while I go to the bar and get a round for everyone. Or do we all have to be at the bar with our cards to do this?

3. I always get the ultimate drink package. It makes it so easy when I am at a bar and want to try multiple drinks and not worry about the price tag. I don’t normally drink coffee but I do get a iced one at least twice and get lots of bottled water and have them in my stateroom. At dinner we will start with a cocktail and then I get ginger ale for the remainder of dinner. Works great at the night clubs too! Just awesome

4. Its difficult to prevent you from sharing your drink package. Unless you're sitting at the bar. But it's easy to just go to another bar and get another drink. Done it many times. Besides I worked for royal for 8 years not difficult to navigate around that

5. how can they know if i get a drink at one bar, then go to another bar and just give someone that drink?

6. i just bought mine and my cruise isn't till october. 8 day cruise and ima get sauced everyday. i cant wait!

7. thanks captain obvious

8. I just got the package for my 2021 cruise at a 40% discount!! After the $10 per day for the soda cup, I only need to drink 2 coffees, a glass of wine, and one cocktail or mocktail per day!

9. 7 days, $1000 for the wife and I…is that worth it??really on the edge.

10. I remember my first rc cruise with the alcohol package I got on the ship and asked a bartender what the drink limit was. He looks at me and says ”Your limit or my limit?” I LOVE royal. 😂

11. Good luck with Royal Carribean – BIGGEST SCAM cruise line out there! These positive reviews are paid for by Royal Caribbean👍

12. You have to pound them down hard to make it worth it.

13. Question for you. Are there certain times they allow you to purchase alcoholic beverages? Do they cut off sales at 2am like a domestic establishment or can you purchase drinks around the clock?

14. Let me put this simply. If you bring kids, you won’t benefit from the drink package. You just won’t. Between the responsibility as a parent and 3 ports per week, there is just no time to drink the amount needed to benefit from the package.

15. Always make your quota each day

16. Currently I buy one and get one free

17. What time can you start buying alcohol? Can I have a beer in the morning if I wanted to?

18. Drink packages are sort of meaningless right now. Cruises are being canceled in droves because of Coronaviris. .

19. After the second day the Casino Royale gave me a sticker on my card for free drinks for my wife and I while in the Casino so often we would head down to the bar in the casino and get a couple of beers or drinks and either sit and drink at the bar or take off to the rest of the ship.I always tipped for those free drinks and I remember one night I didn't have any small bills on me so those guys got some nice tips. They made my vacation deluxe!

20. Yes but you NEVER drink all the money you spent on de package, its too expensive.

21. The only beverage packages I've bought is the soda package.

22. We’ve travelled without and with the deluxe drink package. We did snag it at the BOGO 50% sale, so if you plan on having more than 5 drinks a day (and this includes enjoying the fresh juices, waters and specialty coffees, ie: Starbucks) than the drink package is more than worth it. My wife and I don’t typically drink alcohol unless on vacation and if you’re with friends (or make friends on the cruise)…you will find yourself enjoying more than 5 beverages easily. Just my opinion.

23. You get the package they water down the drinks do it does not pay…my friend shared her package with her friends…no one ever got caught.. she purchased 10 extra drinks…no one said anything to her…

24. What's stopping you doing what everyone else does on other cruise lines: just buying the drink for someone and as soon as you have turned your back just passing it to anyone? Do they go round like crazy people checking everyone dipping from a cup has a drinks package? I mean that's nuts

25. Great info Matt !!! Deluxe beverage package is a great deal if you have at least 4-5 drinks per day.

26. When is a good time to find the best deals on drink packages?

27. How many times can you say drinks package 🍸

28. This guy speaks entirely too fast and slurs his words. It’s not an auction buddy.

29. This is all facts. On board its almost 100 a night if you by it on the ship..

30. I’m cruising on the harmony in July and the drink package for 2 people is going for $1007.72 . Who is paying that much 🤦🏾‍♀️

31. The one thing I never understood was a glass of castello muscato can be purchased with the drink package everywhere but the main dining Room. Any insight? I literally had to go outside the MDR to Schooner bar and get a glass and return to my table.

32. I am a huuuuuuge fan of the unlimited drink package. My husband and I definitely like the worry free factor of it! I've had a few friends not do it and the sticker shock they get at the end of their cruise is crazy! If you like to kick back, I cannot stress this enough, just save yourself the stress and order it ahead of time! We even got ours on a pretty decent discount for this next cruise since we booked it so far in advance! 233 days until we are back on Symphony of the Seas!