Caribbean Cruises

NEW COVID CRUISE SHIP RULES | Royal Caribbean Crew VLOG

Please note: the measures I mentioned in this video, are what the CDC recommend BEFORE passengers can return to cruise ships in the US. As a crew …

1. Please note: the measures I mentioned in this video, are what the CDC recommend BEFORE passengers can return to cruise ships in the US. As a crew member, it is likely I will be onboard between 30-60 days before passengers return. Everything I say in my videos are my own opinions, and not official information by Royal Caribbean.

2. Screw cruising!! No way would I pay to cruise only to be treated like school children with too many restrictions, rules, and prohibitions. I get daily emails from my cruise line. I delete them immediately. Too much caution has taken the fun out of what should be an exciting getaway excursion. Right now, cruising sucks!

3. I’m booked for a late August cruise out of New Jersey…not sure if that one will go out. Not sure if I even want to go now. Getting tired of the whole thing.

4. The rules & regulations for crew members are a like. Having to stay in your cabin is like being in jail. Wonder if the CDC Ditector would ever agree to work under these conditions. Thanks for you video’s Chris & keeping us up to date & good luck getting on board. What will be your job on the ship? Perhaps a reason to book a cruise on Royal Caribbean.

5. Thanks for keeping us informed. I can’t imagine those strict rules actually being unforced.

6. Enjoyed your vids … I am from Singapore and have sailed on Quantum at least twice since the start of 2021. Very pleased with all the various health measures implemented by RCI to ensure that safety of the passengers is not compromised. Best wishes to you and hope that you will join one of the ships soon.

7. The rule about in person classes doesn't match what the CDC has said for schools. Our students do need to wear a mask in class but we are not finding students giving each other covid-19 at school.

8. Can you just tell us what ship you will be on !!!

9. The crew is all vaccinated, the passengers are all vaccinated…passengers can gather and party but the crew cannot?!

10. Those measures by the CDC are completely ridiculous. None of them are taking mental health into consideration. These are basically rules you'd expect if you were in prison. Even prisoners get "yard time". I can't fore see the cruise lines going along with this. There was already unfortunate suicides last year. It'll explode again if they put those measures in place. I can't see them doing it. They cruise lines already have an eye on them now. Suicides will be a nail in the coffin and of course the CDC will not take any responsibility even though it's their guidelines.

11. These make so much sense (sarcasm), especially since most of the crew will have direct interaction with the passengers during their "working" hours. So, you can interact with passengers all day long, but not with your fellow crew members. However, I could see how it might be nice to have a private room to sleep in.

12. The CDC are ridiculous 🙄so frustrating

13. crew members are people and I think they should be treated as such. this is honestly disgusting

14. The people running the CDC are globalist extremists and want to eliminate luxury travel. Research The Great Reset by the WEF.

15. Thanks Chris for your updates. Do the CDC rules apply to ships that have home bases in America or will this be for all cruise lines around the world? I sincerely hope sanity prevails and cruising returns to a more normal activity that is enjoyed by a very large community of like minded people. The CDC seems to be unaware of all the safety protocols that the cruising industry already has in place. I have been on several cruises with different lines, and the crew, Officers and Captain always have the passengers health and well being as a top priority. Take care 😷

16. TYVM! wow. I hope things get better and closer to the old normal as soon as practical. GL!

17. too many rules. covid has been taken advantage of by evil people, to trash businesses and ruin well being worldwide. the rules only need to be for people who dont have good enough immunity to withstand covid19 which has a 98 percent survival rate. in other words, cruising passengers may have reduced, but nowhere enough to stop cruise companies making profit.

18. Thank god we are not governed by the CDC but our government have said no international travel for how long who knows. I agree ships should be allowed to return to Australia but should only do domestic cruising with only Australian Vaccinated passengers and crew. No jab no travel simple. Oh and please no masks, that definitely will be a downside.

19. I left home when I was 17. I don't need the CDC being my mommy and daddy.

20. That sucks Chris! I can’t imagine many people wanting to work on cruise ships in the future if this is the kind of protocol that is going to be enforced.

21. The rules are so draconian that it sounds like a prison.

22. The hell with the CDC. How you join a ship that sail from Nassau or somewhere else..

23. How will they get crew to sign on to a prison sentence of up to 9 months with a daily work release program? This shows how much contempt the warden (CDC) has for the inmates. I am convinced that the lunatics are running the CDC asylum.

24. Could you imagine if the passengers had those restrictions? Oh my! People wouldn't cruise. It will be difficult for the crew to have these changes but keep in mind that this will not happen forever. Things will eventually get back to almost how they were I am sure. Thanks for sharing 🙂

25. I’m done cruising for now. Sad.

26. But Chris, the extreme measures you mentioned are for RED CODE conditions with current active Covid cases onboard. There are 3 other more relaxed codes that do not include all the restrictions.

27. The CDC has it out for cruise lines

28. You can't treat crew like they are slaves and not offer any leisure or stress relief activities.

29. Sounds like ….

30. Imagine the impact these measures would have on crew's mental health? It's already been an issue in past but this will make it far worse! It seems totally bonkers that anyone would sign a contract that involves this, definitely like a prison.