Caribbean Cruises

Freedom of the Seas | St. Thomas | Sunfari Tours Part I

Freedom of the Seas | St. Thomas | Sunfari Tours Part I . We had the BEST day in St. Thomas with Sunfari Tours! We started the day by meeting Micky and his group, getting a delicious breakfast at Pasta Go Go, hit up some GORGEOUS scenic lookouts, and then headed to magens bay and coki beach for some snorkeling! Watch Part 2 for the rest of the adventure!

Sunfari Tours-

👻 SNAPCHAT –
👥 FACEBOOK –

—————————————-­———————————-

📨WANNA REACH US?📨

alyssa@trappedinparadisetv.com

1. Who wants to go to St. Thomas now?! 🙋🙋

2. Going to StThomas on symphony of the seas March 2022. Hoping to book Sunfari!

3. Epstein didn't buy the two islands Great and Little St. James until 1998. Little is peadophile island. There is a beach called Jumbie Beach on the Northern side of Great in Christmas Cove; I've been on this beach and so have many tourists. The ferries to St. John and the British Virgin Islands regularly go through the passage with Current Rock in it, St. Thomas on one side and Great St. James on the other. I can tell you about corruption down in the USVI.

When I became a teenager growing up on St. Thomas in the '80s I used to travel to New England in the winter to see my mom during Christmas vacation. Sometimes a girl would ask where I was from because I was darkly tanned, and I would answer "The Virgin Islands." Sometimes, the girl would be a smartass and ask if I was a virgin too. I had the perfect answer for that: "Yes I am! Can you help me with that?"

Feed any iguanas you run into with hibiscus flowers, red ones especially, that's why if you're wearing red they might come up to you and try to chew on your shirt.

There used to be a 1 story shack where the 3 story building is right at the end of the St. John dock. It had stones out front with a couple picnic tables, and there was no gate or building on the dock. My dad was involved in the St. John Pub that was there throughout the 1980s that sold subs, hotdogs, cold beer and mixed tropical drinks to the tourists. I used to go over to St. John and have lunch at The Back Yard (later became Duffy's then closed) on some Saturdays, that was practically all traveling by road on that island I did in the years I was there. When I was 12 dad bought me a 13 foot Boston Whaler with a 55hp and besides the other 4 boats he had I used to use it to go to St. John once in a while. A couple times was to Trunk where we visited our schoolmate that lived in the house on the peninsula that you see. She used to travel to St. Thomas to go to school and back every day.

My best friend's dad owned the largest dump truck on St. Thomas during the time they were moving the Eastern mountain to off the Western end of the runway extending it. His driver was dropping a load off the end, lost control and jumped out just in time to see it sink into the end of the runway. Time, resources, etc dictated that they just keep going. So when you land there, you are landing on a dump truck. My family of 6 including 2 of my grandparents were scheduled on the American Airlines flight that crashed on the island in 1976 running into a Shell gas station at the end of the short runway. My mom had a dream, and rescheduled us for a week earlier with all the work and changes made for dad's 3 stores to run for 2 weeks. We were at Magens when it crashed. A call went out for the 2nd most rare blood, AB-, which my father had. My dad said he wasn't taking time out from his vacation to donate blood. Read the karma my dad died to on that island 14 years after that crash, in this book with links below.

I've probably been on more cruise ships than anyone reading this, yet never been on a cruise. My dad ran a ship chandlery that had a monopoly on selling liquor to the cruise ships in the early '80s, that I used to spend my afternoons after school doing my homework at, that was located at the last building on the Havensite dock (has Senior Frogs painted on its roof).

After growing up on the island and starting when I was 17 in late 1986, we used to roam Charlotte Amalie downtown streets at night bar hopping Coconuts, Rosie O'Grady's, The Ritz, Yesterdays, then to the Greenhouse at 10pm for the current live band, when everyone was partying in the islands. Since the bars closed at 2 AM we would go out to steal cars, usually rentals, and race across the island, afterward sometimes stripping them for parts. I've floored it in a brand new 1987 Accord LXi from the Fort all the way to Frenchtown one night easily doing 100mph, or over 5 times the speed limit while ignoring the lights, which was not unusual to do with stolen cars but sometimes done even with the ones we sort of cared about. One night I was with a few locals and we got pulled over for racing into Frenchtown. The cop went to arrest one of us and he started skipping around the car in a circle repeatedly singing, "Haha you can't catch me!" to the cop. He made it a couple times around the car and we had to bail him out that night. I hold the record for most boats stolen in one night while alone; three – I took them to a birthday party at Little Brewers, next to the airport. Would you like to read about real modern pirates based out of St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands taking place in the end of the cocaine fueled '80s? "THE REAL PARADISE Diary of a Modern-Day Caribbean Pirate" Paperback: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1653714360 or Kindle: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083C3DD19 (free with Ultimate).

4. Love Love Coki Beach… what Beach did you guys get married on?

5. booked for end of July !!! can't wait, tks for sharing!!!

6. I understand your point about the cruise line taking a percentage of the money on excursions. But, Telling people they should book directly with the tour operator, is bad advice! Every tour is going to do their best to get you back to the ship in time for departure, The big difference is, If you're late, they will not wait for you unless you booked through the cruise line. People can make up their own minds about that. For me, I'll never take that chance!

7. I really appreciate you guys’ videos! My fiancé and I are booking our honeymoon cruise for July and we’ll be on the freedom ship. Definitely booking Sunfari Tours.

8. St. Thomas is touristy, take the car barge over to St. John’s, it’s ten times better everything

9. we will be there february 5th,2020 and thinking we will book directly with Sunfari rather than through Princess. We will let you know how that works. Thanks for the video!

10. “There are very little people here” lol how small? Just kidding love your videos

11. Just found your video and it looks amazing, could you advise on about the cost per person. Haven't been able to find anything online. Thanks, love the video

12. Looks great, just left Sunfari a message and will be hopefully booking the surf and turf tour as well and will let them know we found them from your video. BTW, wife wants to know what kind of sunglasses those are you have on and where you got them?

13. Thanks to Griff and Alyssa, I booked with sunfari and didn't lose a minute. You have to see coki, mavens, and the mountain top. I will return to st.thomas and he will be my driver

14. Just got back from st.thomas, Mickey was the best part of my vacation! I chose where I wanted to be and for how long. He brings you gear and water and trust me. You need a open door keep on this trip. 5stars from my family. (WARNING) IF YOU ARE CRUISING TO ST.THOMAS AND TAKE A TAXI YOU WILL LOSE 2HRS ON THE ISLAND. TAXI ARE CONGESTED AND LIKE TO MOVE TOGETHER. MICKEY BEAT EVERYONE AND WHILE WE MOVED TO OUR 2ND LOCATION EVERYONE ARRIVED TO THE FIRST.

15. You guys are by far my favorite couple team on youtube, especially for cruising. Taking our first cruise ever to the southern Caribbean next May. Your videos are helpful. Thanks so much for all your work!

16. I know you posted this a long time ago but I was married in Magens Bay back in July 2000 then we chartered a 50 foot Trawler boat and the two of us island hopped the US and British Virgins for 10 days. Divorced now lol but that honeymoon was best part of all of it. I also have the same color hydro blue Jeep, live in Florida too and follow the Sunfari folks on social media. Great video!!!!

17. Omg i want to go back! You guys went to all the same spots as us 😫

18. What you like best? St Thomas? Or St Croix??

19. I’m looking at the surf & turf excursion now, but it looks totally different than what you guys did! We are going in June and I wasn’t sure what we should do, so I’m definitely hoping we can book this because it looks amazing!!!

20. I went to Magen’s bay around the same time you did with harmony it was amazing

21. Great footage, you both are so enjoying yourselves👏🤗🌈✨the islands 🌴 are sooo beautiful, I visited last year and so looking forward to going back. 👍🏾🎉✨

22. How were you able to communicate with the tour guide? Did you have your cellular data on or did you use WiFi?

23. This was a fabulous video!

24. Love the shots taken from the air view they are absolutely gorgeous very nice your husband did a very good job

25. Saint Thomas has some of the best views of all the islands I love St Thomas can't wait to go back been there 4 times yay St Thomas!!!

26. Well, I feel like I'm late for the giveaway, but oh well…I've been enjoying your videos so much and find your style really amazing! I'm sure it's not easy to record everything like you do and you have all the cool drone footage and cool shots which are not easy at all. St. Thomas and Sunfari Tours looked great and talk about a full day. For what it's worth, I think the owner of Sunfari was Micky but you also mentioned Laurel, Allen and Margaret and I wasn't sure who the owner exactly is. The pistachio muffin looked really yummy though!!

27. I so want to go there! Micky and pistacho muffin. Looks delicious.

28. How was your pistachio muffin at pasta GO Go, oh and by the way how is Micky?

I really want that towel, do not judge me.

29. Pistachio muffin and Micky wow

30. We were in St. Thomas in 2015 and absolutely loved it. We did a tour through Godfrey Tours and thought they did a great job, but it looks like they have changed their tours and pricing last time we checked.

31. Wow! Such a great tour guys <3 New subbie here btw.. hope you could return the love and sub back. Can't wait to see your next vlog 😉

32. Stef has been to st Thomas and always says how we need to go back and I can see why! Looked like a really fun day, also I agree, book through the company if you can and help them out! The go pro idea is great, and that beach looked beautiful! Great vlog!

33. Pistachio Muffin!

34. Mickey & Pistatio Muffin…. I posted on facebook group, thought that was where you mentioned… but apparently it was here LOL…

35. That's crazy. They didn't say anything about the drone, but they confiscated your power strip. Clarifying question, was it the two of you and those 3 women who did this tour?

36. Pistachio muffin and Micky!!! We are going to St Thomas in October on the Carnival Magic!!!!!

37. Mikey and Pistachio Muffin! Another great vlog..St. Thomas is on the "to do" list. I hate saying bucket list..sounds too morbid to me. lol I absolutely love your editing style! We are doing a cruise to cruise adventure in September. Carnival Paradise then the Carnival Miracle (both out of Tampa)and gotta work my vlogging and editing A game! -Brandy

38. PISTACHIO MUFFIN!!!

39. What a gorgeous video! Love your eye for artistic clips and you taking time to mention biodegradable sunscreen. People like to scoff at any environmental talk, but it matters … matters to our coral reefs and all sea life. Anyhoo, looked like a great tour. Love St Thomas – my account pic on here is from a wedding we attended at beautiful Meagan's Bay. 🙂

40. Do you remember the name of the excursion you booked with Sunfari?? We will be in st Thomas in January and this looks amazing! I can’t wait to watch part 2!

41. Super impressive video. I’m just in awe. Really great work.

42. pistachio muffin

43. Mickey and Pistachio muffin (sounds awesome) are the answers…

44. Micky from Sunfari Tours and Pistachio Muffin from Pasta Go Go! We are going on the Freedom of the Seas in October 2019 (can't wait!) and are loving all the vlogs!

45. Those pistachio muffins looked yummy! I will have to look up Mickey and Steve with Sunfari tours when I go to St Thomas in November on the Harmony of the Seas!

46. Mickey and pistachio muffin! We're going to St. Thomas in November on Carnival Breeze. This excursion looks amazing!

47. Micky and pistachio muffin!