Honeymoon Cruise

IS ALASKA RIGHT FOR YOU? – How to Travel to Alaska

First of all, if you’ve never looked at a road map of Alaska, check out google maps for a minute. There are VERY few roads in the entire state. So unless you’re a bush plane pilot there are really only a few locations that are even accessible by car.

Check out our Entire Alaska RV Roadtrip here

—————

TRIPPED TRAVEL GEAR:
Products made by Tim and Fin. High quality travel gear without the name brand price.

TRIPPED COMPRESSION CUBES

—————-

SOCIAL:
INSTAGRAM:
FACEBOOK:
EMAIL: hello@timandfintravel.com

We’ve divided Alaska in to the 3 most visited regions in the state:

1. Interior Alaska: the home of Fairbanks, The Dalton Highway, Denali National Park and the cute town of Talkeetna

The Kenai Peninsula
In our opinion, if you are flying in or driving to Alaska you really can have a TOTAL Alaska experience by just visiting the Kenai Peninsula. Here’s 8 quick reasons:
1. People fly in from all over the world just to fish the salmon in the Russian River.
2. If you’re looking for other fishing, you can always book Halibut fishing out of Homer or Seward/seward. Hope you catch more fish than we did.
3. Kenai Fjords National Park is home to the Harding icefield and its 30 outflowing glaciers….or nearly 40 glaciers. The National Park site said both numbers. We can all agree that’s a lot of ice.
4. The Kenai is packed with wildlife: bald eagles, humpback whales, orcas, sea otters, sheep, bears…just to name a few. If you’re as bad at spotting wildlife as we are, you can always visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center and see just about everything including musk ox, which might be our new favorite friends.
5. In the Kenai peninsula alone you’ll find some of Alaska’s best museums, aquarium and again, the Alaska wildlife conservation center. You should seriously go here. They have Musk Ox, again, which are awesome.
6. This is also one of the best jump off points scenic flights or sea plane adventures, including a trip over to Katmai National Park: Home of the famous brooks falls for brown bear viewing. Maybe you can get a shot of a fish going into a bears mouth. We didn’t.
7. The Alaska Railroad comes down here for a reason. It’s a beautiful trainride which we didn’t take ourselves, but we saw them next to us on the road pretty often. The road was beautiful drive therefore the train must be a beautiful ride. Also, online reviews say its awesome.
8. Whether you’re hoping to explore mountains or ocean, from the coastal rain forests around Seward and Kodiak to the rough Arctic chill of glaciers flowing off the Harding Icefield—there’s a huge range of diversity here.

—————-

ABOUT US:
We’re traveling full time, living on our own terms and showing you the up-close-and-personal details of us figuring it out along the way. Sometimes it’s about navigating big, life-altering decisions. Sometimes it’s about navigating the seemingly lawless free-for-all that is driving in Hanoi. It’s moments of triumph and moments of panic. The good, the bad, the ugly – and most importantly, the real and real funny.

We’re not here to tell you “how it’s done.” Just how we’ve done it. And that whatever it is that’s calling you – the way you’ll do it is much more attainable than it may seem. We believe the world’s a more interesting place when people reject convention in favor of what they actually care about. This is us putting that idea to the test – one budget spreadsheet, RV renovation and mountain-peak drone video at a time.

1. Looking for more of our Alaska content? All our Alaska vlogs in one playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL505b6O1-t44xRI0gi837-gfyO9ulsiB

2. It was my 50th state, and Kalispell, Montana was my 49th. I visited all 50 states and many places outside the USA. Acapulco and Singapore my favorites. Earthquakes were deal breakers for Acapulco for retirement, and Singapore was safe and clean, but too expensive for me.

3. Automate is truly the safest platform you can invest your funds.I must commend the platform, they are always consistent with withdrawals and their payments are automated always making me happy💯.

4. You guys are the best. The why part is pretty spot on. I am planning on a solo trip to Alaska this summer and I am more of a national park guy. I've visited Banff and Jasper already and it's tough for me to drop my jaw at any scenery anymore after having driven thru ice fields parkway. With that info in mind…do you recommend Alaska for the overall experience ?

5. Wow. The way you spoke about Denali is kinda lame.

6. Sorry you had rain throughout your trip in August, but if you did your research, you'd realize that August is Alaska's rainy season. Try coming back in May-July. Its pretty dry and the temps get into the 90's. Also, as far as a "2-day drive to Denali"…its only 4 hours from Anchorage. Thanks for the videos.

7. If you really want to know the best way to see Alaska, ask one of us locals. We are always happy to give suggestions as to where to go, how to get there, and what to see and do. 😊

8. You left so much out

9. I will make this simple as a longtime Alaskan, you want “real Alaska “, get off our few roads.Simple.😉👍

10. Wow, you guys really took a shit on Denali. You didn't even go on the park road? So how do you even know? Way to spread the negativity without even experiencing it. Denali is awesome, take your advice from someone that actually lives here.

11. If you are a early bird, Denali isn't open until May 20th , That being said, if you are a hardcore mountain biker or back country hiker, you can go as soon as they open the road, you can only drive out to thirty mile, but that is a good start.

12. Thanks for the realistic review! I'm looking into visiting Alaska this year, and I've been trying to figure out just how hard it really is. This was a nice overview of all the places to see, and things to consider.

13. How much did your entire trip cost?

14. Beautiful

15. Hi

16. yewww! awesome shots, lived here my whole life and love it!

17. Man this trip sounds discouraging. Way too much driving. I was choosing between Alaska and Vancouver. I guess I'll keep waiting for the Canada border restrictions to lift

18. I chuckled at the “it’s August, it should be hot.” August and September are our rainy season. You’d have better luck of dry weather in late May, and into June and July.

19. I want to go see the northern lights, waterfalls , experience the food , see the Glaciers hiking
    Maybe ones the pandemic is over I can go 😍❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

20. This was helpful.

21. I live in miami florida and this place looks like suicide with the cold

22. 1:17 No

23. Welp the airforce said they need my ass in Alaska so here i am

24. Negative video, thumbs down!

25. I even tell the people who live here in Alaska.
    If you wait for good weather to do something, you will never do anything.

Not saying there is no good weather. Just that it can be good weather where you live. Then you travel to where you want to do your activity and it could be any kind of bad weather.
    Rain
    wind
    Overcast
    Or all of the above or a mixture of whatever.

And good weather can change in an instant.

Rain gear a must
    Windproof a must (helps keep body heat from blowing away)
    A day pack helps for the quick charging weather to store the layers for whatever weather happens.
    Plus it makes it easier to have snack food and beverages with you.

And nobody will make fun of you for wearing rain boots everywhere.

26. such a NEGATIVE video!

27. I would like to move there, any advice

28. I've been to all the places you've mentioned and the drive through Denali was the absolute highlight of a wonderful month I had in Alaska a few years ago. We stopped for about 20 minutes at Polychrome Pass on the Denali Park road and it's the most spectacular lookout I've experienced anywhere in the world.

29. Denali is not the farthest peak of North America it is not even close to being a far north as the northern top of Nunavut

30. And why y’all talk about Chicago people that is so cold well in Alaska it’s very cold and they don’t have a problem

31. If y’all notice Alaska has the highest crime rate

32. I think that going to Denali NP is very worth it! Take a full day, ride the park bus out to Eielson visitor center. Even if you don't see the mountain, you will see so much! We saw a traveling pack of wolves! 10/10 highly recommend.

33. Y’all can f right off, Alaska is dope

34. Am I the only one watching this who lives in Alaska lol

35. Thank you so much! I'm looking to do a spontaneous trip to Alaska next week and came across this video in my research. You absolutely helped point me in the right direction. Cheers!

36. I stopped watching at "We've been here for twenty days and it has rained everyday" … Bye felecia

37. traveling in August to SEE Alaska is not a good choice it's the rainiest month. Should have done your research!

38. Can't believe Russia sold this place to USA for a few millions.

39. I want to come to AK. But I don’t have anything specific other than do the things that people do there. Check out glaciers, see the beautiful landscapes, mountains. I’d like to fish for halibut, and maybe salmon. I’d like to see Denali NP.
    I’d like to see moose, bear, whales, etc etc. should I feel bad about not wanting to do more specific things?