Miami Cruises

GREAT CRUISE NEWS! CARNIVAL CRUISE SHIPS RETURN TO GALVESTON, MSC CRUISE RESUME, MOBILE GETS READY

Great cruise news! I have three exciting cruise news stories today around the restart of cruising. We look at updates from the Port of Mobile, track along with the restart of cruises in Italy, and celebrate the return of cruise ships to Galveston.

Questions, comments, or business inquiries can be sent to tony@lalidoloca.com

Timestamps are brought to you by our Patreon Supporters! Support this channel and get exclusive bonus content at:

00:00 – Port of Mobile Update
03:30 – Costa and MSC Cruise Restart
04:24 – Carnival Returns to Galveston

#cruiserestart
#cruisenews
#cruise

My wife Jenny can help you plan your travel. Jump on Jenny’s mailing list for a chance at a free cruise here:

Email Jenny at jbarnette@expediacruises.com

Represent the locafam with a t-shirt, check out the latest designs at:

Our mailing address is:
La Lido Loca
4142 Mariner Blvd 402
Spring Hill, FL 34609

Information on La Lido Loca Group Cruises:

Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page –
Instagram –
Twitter –
Pintrest –

1. Very exciting news! Thanks so much for continuing to keep us informed…and thanks Tony's Mom!

2. I know it's all happening in the US, UK and Italy but any news or indication from Australia? We are virtually zero cases yet not a word being said about cruising.
    The bitter taste of the Ruby Princess seems to be hard to get rid of and now that we have the Trans Tasman "bubble" we don't understand why we can't just have local cruises.
    Even use them as trials for a full reintroduction to the region.

3. Have to admit I was bawling my eyes out watching the vid of the two ships coming into Galveston. My Hubby and I are so excited to see progress happening. So happy for the crews and all those that will be benefiting from the restart coming sooner rather than later. We're so ready to cruise too!! We missed out on ours this year as it was canceled but we're still so excited about good things finally happening! Woot!

4. Watching the ship come in sounding its horn gave me butterflies.

5. I haven't watched the entire video yet but I've heard about them coming back. BUT NOW complaints because the Companies are charging outrages prices for cruises. They know the demand is high. So tell me are they price gouging us just because we want to get back to cruising?

6. Carnival Corporation and its subsidiaries to this day still do not have permission to cruise USA Waters with passengers on board. Two years ago their company was found guilty by Florida federal judge for deliberately criminally negligent in purposely dumping trash plastic and even releasing raw sewage and oil off of many of their vessels and even their subsidiary companies vessels. The company actually instructed their employees to do this also instructed their employees to fill out false paperwork that would be received by the USGS claiming that equipment was change claiming that equipment was maintained claiming that operational skills were being mandated to a federal requirement.. when in fact they were not.. the judge even found the company to be lying about important things like fire suppression equipment claiming that it was serviced. And in working condition.. when in fact it was not . after inspections they were able to prove that the valves were completely rusted shut that the water cannot even go through the pipes especially on the balcony systems of these ships so that in the event of a fire a fire would not be able to be extinguished from the fire extinguishing lines or jets. the. Florida Federal Judge was even able to determine that Carnival Corporation had been filling out false paperwork to the USGS for many many many years even involving the triumph. It was clearly stated in the report the Triumph in 2012 was cited heavily and warned that it had faulty leaking degenerated fuel lines to its generator number 6 and that too many backup systems were close together in the event of a fire the systems could be overwhelmed and taken out all at the same time. Which is exactly what happened to the triumph a year later. Carnival Corporation deliberately negligently filled out false paperwork stating that the equipment was already fixed when in reality it was not. The USGS had also warned Carnival Corporation about the Triumph because they had noticed similar problems with other Carnival ships. Through the judges order the US GS was also able to determine that falsifying paperwork had been a regular ongoing fraudulent policy of carnival corporation. Which is a federal offense in itself for each violation. Along with those findings and finding the company in complete gross Criminal negligence for deliberately dumping trash off of their vessels and instructing their employees to do so the judge then ordered the entire company and their subsidiary companies to be completely banned from us waterways with us passengers on board. The United States Florida federal judge made it very clear to Carnival Corporation and their subsidiaries that for every ship that they want to be able to cruise US Waters or territories of the US must first fill out a letter of compliance to the USGS requesting the ship a compliance certificate inspection. This process will take 30 days per vessel or longer. not more than one vessel can be done at a time . USGS is not there for their schedule or their convenience. It is therefore USGS convenience not Carnival Corporation or its subsidiaries. And Carnival and its subsidiaries would have to work around the USGS schedule. Carnival Corporation has head over 2 years to apply for certification compliance. They have not applied for one solitary ship either through Carnival or their subsidiaries Ships. Therefore they do not have clearance to cruise USA Waters with passengers at this time. which has absolutely nothing to do with covid-19. All of Carnival ships and subsidiaries still have to go through the CDC and be approved through them as well which means the CDC will have the full power to use the USGS once again to do more inspections on their ships which they must pass inspection. Before being granted compliance for that as well. So Carnival Corporation and its subsidiaries are very way way way behind the rest of the competition. Just be aware when booking a carnival cruise in the USA or USA territories that cruise may very well not take place. For the soul fact it does not have permission to do so at this time. Not even the brand-spanking-new carnival Mardi Gras has been fully approved yet by USGS. And still has not requested an inspection from USGS concerning the Florida federal judges order. So even the Mardi Gras does not have clearance yet. Remember each individual inspection will take 30 days per ship. Not more than one ship can be done at a time. These orders cannot be deviated altered or changed in any way shape or form according to the Florida federal judge.

7. I got so excited my pulse was racing through my neck. I had to breath deeply and try to relax. But that is really hard when this next step means that we can all get back to the Lido (albeit in masks) to have a party on our cruises!

8. It is good to hear the sound of the horn. Can't wait to hear the toilet flush. Then, and only then, will I know I am on a cruise. Not long now.

9. Tony, Thanks for sharing the clips of good news!

10. Booked on the Sensation on 8/16 from Mobile!!! Sooo ready!

11. This would not have happened had “we the people” not spoken out and let our voices be heard! It made no sense the CDC keeping their thumb on the cruise lines when their ships would be virtually fully vaccinated, tested and masked! The ransom has been paid and the cruise lines have been released. I’ve sailed 20+ times but sadly can’t medically take the vaccine—but I’m so excited to see these ships back in port (I got teary too watching them sail in) and my fellow cruisers booking trips! I shall travel vicariously through each of you hoping that one day Covid will be kicked to the curb and the mandate will be lifted!

12. Cant wait to hear our unforgetable cruise ship horn. The Loveboat horn😅😅❤️⛴

13. I’m excited

14. good on your mum to get you in line! Hope she gets back to full health very soon.

15. Exciting News 🗞 Yesterday! 1 Day closer to Cruising 🚢 in America 🇺🇸

16. Great day!

17. Excited for you to cruise soon 😀

18. Indeed!

19. I can't wait to Go back to work

20. Made me tear up…See you on the lido in SEPTEMBER…finally!!!

21. Just booked a July 4 cruise on Royal Allure! 7 day Western Caribbean out of Port Canaveral on the 4th largest cruise ship in the world and I am super stoked! It's the very first cruise they have going out of the US (as of now) which has been up for booking and not cancelled. Fingers crossed!!!

22. Went to go see it this afternoon and it was awesome

23. Galvenston…2 ships and I made my reservation…..

24. Balled like a baby with those big beauties coming to Galveston, crew on board and cruise fans on site a true miracle, thank you tony and Jenny for reporting tears rolling with the ship horns blowing, touched by life with flavor video as well. Common denominator for all of us who love cruising regardless of race, religion or finances stay together and united my loves.

25. Great news….

26. When will the ships return to the Long Beach port any ideas

27. Can't wait to see los angles have cruise ships in and ready to sail

28. Is Alaska possible this summer?

29. "Galveston, oh Galveston, I still hear your sea waves crashing
    While I watch the cannons flashing
    I clean my gun and dream of Galveston" – Glen Campbell 1969

30. I just accepted an offer on the Regent Seven Seas Splendor! I’ll be flying to join the ship in the UK in August!!! I’m so excited! It’s really happening y’all! 😁😁

31. You guys are getting closer to 100,000!

32. Always listen to your Momma!😀 Happy that she is on the mend!

33. As they say, the proof is in the pudding. Hello pudding! Welcome home! About darn time for some really exciting news and videos. Thanks for sharing!!

34. Tell mom hello

35. Everyone is super excited to sail. When you are finally able to get on your ship make sure that every crew member you interact with or see knows just how much you appreciate them. If you get onboard and something doesn't go right try to keep your frustrations in check and remember that just as much as we missed cruising they probably have missed even more because the majority haven't been working this whole time and most of them support their entire families back in their home countries. I personally prepaid my gratuities but i'm also bringing cash to tip even more to those who give great service. Also the ports that we visit rely on cruise passengers spending money. Normally i'm a haggler but I have sworn to myself that I won't do that when I sail. I may save a couple of bucks but i'm pretty sure their families need it more. Not saying anyone has to do anything like that it's just a suggestion.

36. I was there! It was so exciting!

37. Any chance i sail out of new orleans july 4th?

38. Yes, yes, yes, it was a super great day! WOOT! My September birthday cruise is looking more positive then ever! WHEEE!!

39. This is GREAT news!!! We live in Mobile and are booked on the Carnival Sensation August 21st out of our home port. We're sooooo excited!! BTW, I call about twice a week to check on our booking and always ask for any inside information…they always tell me that cruising is scheduled to resume beginning of July.

40. Yay for positive cruise news!

41. What about Seattle? Dead in the water for Alaska. Thanks Canada.

42. What about Alaska ???? Booked for August

43. Holy moly I teared up!!! Awesome…