Caribbean Cruises

We Experience The Full P&O Britannia Cruise Ship Boarding Process During Covid

I’m David from Cruise Show UK. Join me today as I show you the P&O Britannia boarding process with COVID measures in place at Southampton.

During embarkation P&O Cruises arrange for a complimentary test at a drive through site just a short drive from the ship check-in terminal. I take you along with me to experience embarkation the P&O way.

Please subscribe to my channel, it REALLY helps me and costs absolutely nothing. Click here to subscribe:

You can help the channel by using these Amazon Affiliate links:

Items I use to put this video together:
DJI Pocket 2 –
DJI Pocket 2 Creator Combo –
Apple MacBook Air M1 –

STAYSURE – TRAVEL INSURANCE

1. We're going on Iona in September. I've no problem with waiting/ test etc BUT they need toilet facilities, that's a pretty basic requirement I feel.

2. Thanks for this video. I’m on Princess in September and believe the process is the same. As ships get increased capacity they really need to up their game as if this was done with reduced capacity and took 3 hrs then how long will the queues be with a full ship?

3. Hi David a Very helpful & informative video as always!
    Looking forward to your next one 😀

4. Exhausting to watch you need a cruise after all that.

5. Thanks for the heads up were on it on the 8th. I think we need to leave a bit earlier 👍

6. Gordon Bennett! 3 hours?! When we cruised with Royal Caribbean on 15th July, we did our PCR test 3 days before, arranged by RC partnered by Eurofine. We got the results the following day. We downloaded the app and filled in the health questionnaire the day before embarkation. We got all the certificates, etc downloaded on the phone. The embarkation process took a mere 15 minutes, the longest of which was when they went through all the vaccinations evidence. We are going on Celebrity Silhouette later in August and the process so far looks to be the same.

Did you bring this up with P&O? What did they say? Having seen your experience, I won't go with them unless they make the process less cumbersome. Glad I chose Celebrity Silhouette over Iona, which admittedly had some really good offers.

7. What a long wait for your covid test which only took a few minutes. The person doing your nose swab didn’t go up far enough

8. Do you have any info as to the procedure for those who are being dropped off at the terminal by taxi/family? Only heard from those arriving in their own vehicles.

9. Thanks a lot David, that wait is far far too long, on Britannia next month hope things will be better.

10. Very informative, thank you. Let’s hope they review cruisers feedback and make improvements
    /adjustments whilst maintaining safety for everyone. Look forward to your “on board” experience. 👍

11. We were on this very same cruise (saw you onboard early one morning). I think the main thing that caused that huge queue at the drive through test centre was the fact they didn't start the testing until midday. We turned up at approx 11.30am and had about 6/7 cars in front of us and still had to wait half an hour for them to start the testing. Why on earth they don't start testing as and when people start to arrive I don't know!? Also had to wait an hour and a quarter for my test result text message whilst my partner got her result in under half hour which was quite annoying. They definitely need a few portaloo's at the site too! All in all, it was a good weekend onboard Britannia.

12. I guess it’s a learning curve for the industry and improvements are implemented soon. On a good note, CRUISING IS BACK!!

13. Very frustrating and unacceptable situation for people arriving by car. I would also question the technique used by the person taking the nasal swab. When we join Iona in a couple of weeks we are not arriving by car, so hopefully the procedure will be better. Fingers crossed that they get it sorted for those arriving by car or at least have toilet facilities for those queuing.

14. Very good report.Thought the queing for tests was frustrating.Hope they improve this.

15. Thanks for the report.

We were on Britannia on 11th July and there were very few queues for testing but there were only 1000 passengers. I think that has now increased to 2000 so perhaps this is now starting to make the boarding process (particularly testing) creak! There should be toilets and water available as a minimum. I hate to think what it will be like when they are up to full capacity (assuming covid testing is still needed by then).