Miami Cruises

CRUISE NEWS – ROYAL SAYS NO CRUISE FOR YOU, DISNEY TIGHTENS CRUISE POLICY, BAHAMAS WARNING

Cruise news time. In today’s show we break down three cruise news stories. First we look at the Utah couple that was denied boarding for their cruise over a testing issue. Next we look at a policy change made by Disney Cruise Line in response to policy changes in the Bahamas. Finally we look at the latest travel advisory for the Bahamas. Let’s talk about it.

Questions, comments, or business inquiries can be sent to tony@lalidoloca.com

#cruisenews
#cruiserestart
#cruiseupdates

Represent the locafam with a t-shirt, check out the latest designs at:

Information on La Lido Loca Group Cruises:

Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page –
Instagram –
Twitter –
Pintrest –

1. This whole deal sounds like a pharmaceutical companies wet dream, they are making billions selling a vaccine that doesn’t prevent you from getting sick, nor does it keep you from spreading the disease, plus it appears it will require continual booster shots.

Also, if cruise likes can’t contact all customers to inform them of changes to the requirements, maybe that cruise line shouldn’t be cruising?

2. No I don't think so

3. I was one of the 1300 people on the Independence of the Seas August 15th. We all boarded with a negative test result. We knew about the protocols well in advance of the cruise. Sorry the couple weren’t allowed on the ship, but it was their responsibility not RC

4. I was one of the 1300 people on the Independence of the Seas August 15th. We all boarded with a negative test result. We knew about the protocols well in advance of the cruise. Sorry the couple weren’t allowed on the ship, but it was their responsibility not RC

5. If RCL had shown a little of leeway and compassion, it wouldn't have been a problem and they wouldn't have gotten the negative publicity. All they have to do is allow vaccinated without proper test results to get the same test at the pier that the unvaccinated get. Charge people $300 so they don't abuse the system, but get them on board, since if they're not on board you're not going to get money out of them and you'll lose passengers for life, as well as from the negative publicity. How is it fair that the unvaccinated can get a test at the ship and the vaccinated can't, under any circumstances? It really doesn't meet a Cruise with Confidence standard, especially with the huge increase in testing demand and having no confidence in getting back PCR test results in 72 hours. We've seen from Don that Celebrity completely lost his test, and if you live in a city like mine with no antigen test availability for travel, then even if you follow and understand the protocols, there's no backup or compensation or leeway from RCL if you simply don't get results in time. Don will find that out too when he gets off Princess in Seattle and tries to get 72-hour results with only two PCR test labs in the Puget Sound area and huge test demand from Delta, school/work requirements, and travelers wanting to visit Canada.

6. Key word , “Know the protocols if you want to cruise”. Plain and simple. Can I get an amen?

7. They are an elderly couple. I assume they don't watch your channel or probably any channel. The cruise lines seem to be able to email you when its time for payments so I don't know why they cannot email people for changes in requirements for boarding.

8. rules are rules

9. I just saw another interview of the couple. They showed the receipt of the Covid test….it was at 657 PM!!!!
    Really??? Did they actually think that they could get results in time??? They had the test in the evening!!!

10. This why I will not get on a Cruise right now

11. I'm cruising with RCCL tomorrow and they have sent me multiple e-mails about testing. Some of them have been a bit confusing since they offer testing at the port but I have been listening to your videos and watching the RCCL website to make sure I have everything in-order.

12. Pharmacy test results are taking way to long now

13. Yes I received a lot of info from Royal

14. Stuff is changing daily!!

15. CDC… No thank you for your advice!! LOL Disney cruise double dip at Castaway Cay November 6-11. So far the Bahamanian rules change only goes to the 1st, but we'll see. we are both vaccinated, but have a real issue with all these mandates… that's another rant for another day. My final straw will be, if we are all vaccinated, then get rid of the damn masks!!! if masks are still required, we will probably switch this to a cruise next year. hopefully, that won't happen.

16. You have to stay in the know. Sorry that it happened, but they should have been calling every other day during this crazy time.

17. As time got closer to our cruise on the Allure of the Seas we continually checked the protocols. We knew we had to have a test no earlier then 3 days before. We had everything ready to go and had a great cruise. My 2 year old daughter had to be tested 3 days before, before getting on the ship, and before we got off.

18. Disney now changed their stops. It's now doing 2 days at castaway cay and no longer stoping in Nassau for the next month and a half.

19. On Symphony now. I just booked 3 more cruises. Love the lack of people on the ships. Let all the people cancel over protocols.

20. I got the email on July 27 for July 31st cruise

21. Great video!!!!! You are right if you can't check or don't know how, wait till things are better and don't need it.

22. Here's something to think about. As you describe, Royal suffered a bit of a PR hit in the media over this incident. Maybe a little discretion would have been warranted in their case to help mitigate or avoid that hit.

23. The CDC should put the US on the travel advisory. Our cases are higher

24. It was unprofessional to update 2 days before the cruise. They will loose a lot of customers. They did the same thing for initial bahamas cruise and required testing after they initially say they weren't.

25. RCL is simply watching out for EVERYONE'S health and safety-follow the rules if you want to cruise! I travel very often and I always take a PCR test before travel and I get a PCR test upon return. I have not been required to do this (other than last week in the Bahamas) I do it to protect myself and not have any of my travel disrupted. *I am vaccinated

26. Keep up on current protocol on cruise.

27. You are correct with view on notification on COVID protocol. 👍

28. I didn’t hit the ‘like’ button. I’m sailing on Serenade OTS 9/20. Looking forward to seeing you at my cabin! 😂😂😂

29. The virus does not CARE about anyone's anniversary…44th or otherwise. Fools.

30. I am sailing Sept 11 on RCCL and was sent an email advising of the new protocols….

31. If RC has sent out info prior to this couple's sailing date, then they are at fault for not knowing about the protocols.

As for the Bahamas, it's their country and they can decide to only allow vaxxed people to visit. This is just more amo to back the cruise lines who only want to sail vaccinated which I fully agree with. Sorry Anti-vaxxers…. You will need to wait until this pandemic is over.

I just wonder what the process will be in November but I know it's too easy to tell.

32. People are supposed to think for themselves?? Tony – you know that advise goes against everything the government if telling us!!!!