Australia & New Zealand Cruises

Coastal New Zealand Hike (Queen Charlotte Track) | Reveal New Zealand S2 E11

Episode 11, Season 2 of Reveal New Zealand from Marlborough Sounds and we’re doing the Queen Charlotte Track hike, one of the best NZ walks. From Furneaux Lodge to Punga Cove is… ✪ Take a look at campervan options for your trip here —

Welcome back to the Marlborough Sounds of New Zealand… it’s about time we took a hike to burn off some of the calories we’ve been eating and drinking! We’re tackling a portion of the Queen Charlotte Track, a really popular New Zealand hike trail, as we make our way between Furneaux Lodge and Punga Cove.

The Queen Charlotte Track is about 72km of coastal trail deep in the Marlborough Sounds, winding around various different sounds, bays and inlets. There’s plenty of tales about Captain Cook in this part of NZ after his various trips to the area, a few of the bays with names reflecting those voyages.

As for the hike, it’s a beautiful coastal track with plenty of great stops along the way with views as well. Not too steep, not too flat, not too maintained and not too raw — it’s a nice blend of adventure, scenery and nature.

Check out Motorhome Republic to find the best campervan rental for your next road trip. You can compare hundreds of different suppliers, filter your searches to narrow down and then compare pricing to find the right option for you —

Prices at Punga Cove depend on whether you book a suite, apartment, studio, chalet or basecamp room. Prices also vary from season to season and any specific offers they have on —

Season 2 of Reveal NZ is a 15+ part video series showcasing the best things to do, see and experience in the Upper South Island. We’re visiting Nelson, Tasman, Marlborough, Kaikoura, Hanmer Springs, Christchurch and more! We’ll be going full vanlife for a portion of the trip in a top of the line motorhome as well, walking some of New Zealand’s best tracks and checking out some incredible accommodation as well.

If you want to come on a group trip around New Zealand with us, come check this out —

More than just the upper South Island, New Zealand is an incredibly beautiful country with so much to offer — but it’s a lot larger than what you’d expect! We’re producing the Ultimate New Zealand Travel Guide, a hub full of Kiwi knowledge to help you on your next adventures here. Take a look —

We also send out a monthly email with our travel updates and valuable recommendations for your travels —

Footage Credits — Thanks to Tourism NZ & Bluebridge for supporting drone footage of The Sounds.
▬▬▬

| T R A V E L F U L L -T I M E
Our 220 page guide teaching you how to earn income online. After reading this you’ll be able to travel full-time and see the world like we have since 2017, it’s all in here —
▬▬▬

☺ Join Our Exclusive Patreon Community —
☺ Shop On Amazon Via Our Site First —
☺ Instagram —
☺ Facebook —
▬▬▬

| A B O U T U S
We’re Dane & Stacey — a couple of nomadic travellers from little New Zealand, doing big things. In early 2017 we booked a one-way ticket to Thailand and traveled for 3 years non-stop… but travel has changed for everyone since late 2019 obviously.

Now we spend most of our time in New Zealand, experiencing our own country through the eyes of a tourist and sharing that all here, with you.

And for what it’s worth, it’s pronounced Dane-Ger, aka Danger… not Dan-E-Ger 😱
▬▬▬

| N O T E S
+ Business — info@danegerandstacey.com
+ Affiliate Links — We recommend stuff we love, if you love it as well we might receive some kind of compensation from the company
▬▬▬

#RevealNZ #NewZealand #MarlboroughSounds

1. My grandparents did this walk and stayed at the lodges too and loved it! Watching you guys do it and actually seeing it explains why 🥰🥰 love this vid!

2. Pleased you had a great time on the track and all the best for future travels.

3. Your production and editing has gotten better and better since we first discovered your channel years ago. Wonderful series. Agree with the previous comment, we need the origin story of your lovely relationship. Keep up the great work!

4. Hey guys. I have been watching your series together with my wife and son as we prepare to relocate to NZ at the end of the month. It's so great to see all the opportunities that lie before us as we return to my home and begin our new life in NZ together. I'm from Nelson myself so it's great to enjoy all the beauty my corner of the world has to offer! Thank you so much for all this good stuff.

5. Secluded living is entirely possible with the right life partner because with them, every day is an adventure regardless 🙂 I loved that hike and the scenery was incredible. The dinner looked pretty cool too, especially with those views! As for 12:26 – no words required!

6. Where do you get the maps that you use? Love your tripping around NZ videos, we will be coming over next year for about 5 weeks and we can’t wait.

7. So Cool 👍🇨🇦

8. Amazing stuff guys. Thanks for sharing

9. You’ve done it again guys! Another walk to add to my ever growing list of things to do in NZ. Keep enjoying 😊 Katie

10. Great video as always. Had to laugh at Stacey reading the menu hours before she needed to, that's exactly what I do! One always needs to be prepared, even for food.

11. What brand of hiking shoes are you both wearing?

12. Excellent vid. Nz is the best!!!!

13. Next time , you guys really need to go to Mahana Lodge. It is an amazing place and is only 10 minutes from Punga Cove =)

14. This was beautiful! Agree with Dane! The sounds of the sea is beautiful! 🌊 never mind the gorgeous views!

15. beautiful nature video

16. That picnic table (min 9:44) thumbs up

17. Nothing to say only another awesome video 😘love from🇨🇮💚🍀😘

18. Аmazing video!!!!lovelovelove🤗👍👍👍👍☀️☀️☀️☀️

19. Is it just me who finds the map graphics in this series confusing? I feel that the land should be light coloured and the water dark, but because it’s the opposite, I need to freeze the video and really look at it for a few seconds to get my bearings.

20. Stacey, I never turn down pizza! My people haha, Stacey you're like the best ever at finding these off the beaten path accommodations! Love it, I enjoyed the wine tour by bicycle video. However, I had a bad experience once riding a bike right after a trip to the pub. Let's just say, Bandaids and aseptic were used. And Dane likes his boots, I always bring flip flops to put on after a hike so your feet can relax a bit. Great video as always. Safe travels, cheers!

21. can you guys pls make a video on your love story how you met and all that if you dont mind. i think you both are the most connected and understanding of one another travel couple out there.

22. This hike was one of my highlights during my 3 months stay in 1998. The accomodation I stayed in was a lot impler and cheaper though!!!!

23. I agree, a beer at the bar would be my first choice after walking for 4 hours!!!!

24. Beautiful scenery, excellent music 🎶♥️
    Who needs to watch a movie having your top notch videos!
    You both are doing an amazing job 👏🏻👌🏻

25. I so look forward every week to getting to come on adventures with you guys and love it when a new vlog comes up for viewing. The Queen Charlotte track looks absolute magic, like it's heaven on earth. As we say in Australia "How's the Serenity?? It's not just good, it's heaps good." Thanks again guys, you've produced yet another awesome episode, full of natural beauty and inspiration.

26. Loving the series guys.

27. Oh, what a pleasure to wake up to this video. You both gave a really happy vibe to my morning with this beautiful video. Love you both ❤️❤️❤️

On a side note, are you gonna meet Jess and Stephen as they arrived in here?

28. nice hike, thanks for sharing your life and adventures

29. Such a beautiful scenery around 😍 I might sound cheezy, but you are cute couple 😀

30. I'm always in such awe of people who live in remote communities such as the ones you talked about. Life feels so fast paced living in London and even the idea of not having something like a dishwasher makes me wonder where I'd get the time needed to hand wash. The idea of having to stock up on food, be that organised when doing a supermarket shop etc. just feels crazy! That A frame cabin that you stayed in was so cute! I can not wait to do this hike myself – the sounds of the wildlife were beautiful in this video ❤️❤️❤️