Honeymoon Cruise

P&O Iona Cruise Vlogs Ep 1 – Paul takes grumpiness to the next level with our worst EMBARKATION yet!

Welcome to our P&O Iona UK Seacation Cruise Vlog Series. Our first day did not go to plan and was very stressful. Watch episode 1 to find out why!
——————————————————————————————————————–
Relevant Links –

For more P&O Video and Vlogs watch our playlist here ➡️

For more information about the P&O Drinks Package check out this post on our website here ➡️

Cruising out of Southampton – Check out our recommended Pre Cruise Hotels Post here on our website ➡️

Cruising Videos and Vlogs Playlist ➡️

Find Travel Blog Jamie’s channel here too –
———————————————————————————————————————
About Paul and Carole Love to Travel
We are a married middle aged couple from Gloucester, England who share our tips, advice and experience on how you can choose the right cruise line, cruise ship snd cabin. Cruising is expensive so we use all our experiences after 25 cruises to give the best tips and advice so you can make the right choice too!

——————————————————————————————————————–

Useful Links –

Planning a holiday, bucket list trip, cruise or honeymoon then we recommend using our travel agent Emma Otter of Travel Counsellors. She has found us some great deals and takes all the anxiety away of booking and coordinating complicated itineraries. For a free quote and no obligation enquiry complete this form here ➡️

Find our favourite travel, cruise and motorhome accessories in our Amazon Shop
➡️

Get answers to any of your travel or cruise related questions –
Follow us on Instagram and send a message ➡️
Like and comment on our Facebook Page
➡️
and find us on Twitter here too ➡️

You can also sign up for our newsletter by completing the box on our home page here
➡️

We are an Amazon Affiliate and this post contains affiliate links which means we may receive a commission if you click a link. While clicking these links won’t cost you any extra money, they will help us keep this site up and running!

#Iona #P&O #Embarkation #cruiseship #Cruise #Vlog #paulandcarole #cruising

1. For more P&O content check out our playlist here – https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_6zC3nwhe70QmaNKeneLmsprspeJdLCe
    If you enjoyed our video please do leave a comment, hit the like button and subscribe!

2. 1 hour 20 mins is an improvement to our embarkation to the Britannia in July. Took us 4.5 hours to get on that ship. We had all the documents ready for them to see. Was just mayhem getting onboard. Hope it improves for our P&O cruise in January

3. I'm looking forward to my Costa cruise this weekend but not the 2.5 to 3hour embarkation process!!! Apparently the PCR testing incurs a 2.5 hour wait until you get the results! Apparently we'll be given a packed lunch whilst we wait!

4. I wish vloggers would add the date of sailing (and year).

5. Carole you are like me with the Sauvignon Blanc. My fav are from New Zealand.

6. Loving the start of this video, Paulie sooo needs a pint 🍺 😂😂😂

7. Well, it sounds from the comments t he embarkation process has improved. Glad to report that Sally's embarkation on Iona in September, only took an hour and a half, from test to sitting in the Olive Grove.
    Look forward to the next vlog.😀😀

8. Great vlog guys can’t wait to see if the drinks package is worth it. We are so undecided 🤷 about it.

9. Thanks 😊

10. All tests should be done prior to boarding like with Royal Caribbean

11. ….why in the ships they got like a small leather blanket on the beds?? i am sure is a stupit question but i saw 2 or 3 cruises videos and allways wonder. TY

12. The embarkation was certainly cause for grumpiness so Paul was certainly in order to be concerned. I have always tried really hard to be calm and non-provoked when going through the boarding process since so many strange things can happen. I keep telling myself "we're on a cruise", "we're on a cruise" and just let it go. Glad to see that Paul got enough ice i that first beer. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

13. Thanks for the info. In which case then we shall arrive early for our drive-through covid testing. Our time 15.45, final boarding time 17.00. And lets face it, it is impossible to arrive at a UK destination at an exact time so you have to plan to get there early for something that is as close run as this, on par with driving into the airport carpark for exactly 1hr and 15mins before take off. We also get tossed out of our hotel at 12.00 so a very long wait indeed.

14. Great video guys! I would have nearly blown my gasket too… 😆 cruise companies seem to have been so disorganised this passed summer with boarding… not entirely their fault but still frustrating all the same!

15. Hi Thank you for the embarkation warning. Tell Grumpy Husband he is correct and we will arrive at our allotted time. Can you tell me if there is a wide choice of drinks in the drinks package. I am dying to try the drinks package so that I can have a few new experiences and not stick to the usuals. Obviously the package seems a good idea, but only if a lot of drinks are covered. Help please, I go on Iona on 30 October for 14nights.

16. Great video, thank you. You say you booked a “guaranteed” cabin. I take it you booked a balcony guaranteed? If not, some upgrade from an inside “guaranteed” 😃👍

17. I definitely identify with grumpy Paul, travelling can be frustrating and stressful. 😡😱
    Every time I go on hol now I "have a word with myself" before setting off to be more calm and patient. 😌
    Whatever happens I always get to the relaxing with a drink once we're all settled part in theend. 🍻

18. We had to wait 45 minutes to get to the drive through this time queing was well organised but when you have Britannia and Iona at the same time it's not surprising. Once we got through covid testing embarkation was quick straight through priority boarding and into the onboard embarkation lounge for a wonderful a la carte lunch and a few drinks.

19. Oh dear Paulie you needed an Angry Pirate Cocktail.

20. Paul wonder's off and forgets his wife.

21. Paul’s face when the door handle just randomly does it’s thing 🤣🤣

22. I don't understand why P&O does it this way, whereas Royal Caribbean and Celebrity can make embarkation such a breeze. It took us less than 30 minutes from parking the car to opening the door to our cabin for both our cruises this summer. Both companies pay for our PCR tests 3 days before boarding and all we needed to show were this -ve test, proof of having both jabs and our ID.

23. Wow Wow Wow we have one of those balcony’s. We are so excited to be going on this ship. And yes, Mr Paulie is a grump 😂 fabulous cabin.

24. We were on this cruise with you. Saw you loads of times Sindhu for one. But you were always busy filming or with Jamie so didn’t say hello. Only took us 45 mins to get through testing but we were 12:00 and arrived at 11:45

25. My word, that’s a lot of ice.

26. I rarely make comments preferring just to watch and enjoy but I have to say I have never before related to any other video more than this one and it did make me chuckle. It was like someone had filmed myself and my husband on pretty much every 'day one' of every holiday we have ever been on 😂😂😂 It is so nice to know I'm not alone. We will be enduring 'day one' of our own holiday in 9 days time and with all the added paperwork currently needed to travel I will be aiming to get my Mr Grumpy to the pool bar as quickly as possible. Wish me luck 🤞🏻🤞🏻

27. Oh my goodness what an absolute nightmare. I would have been even grumpier than Paul because the chaos sounded completely unnecessary. I really hope it's sorted before our first experience of P&O when we sail on Iona in March. Amazing what a cold beer can achieve, happy Paul.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing your series on Iona. Already I'm thinking we won't bother with the drinks package.
    As always I love your integrity, you say it as it is which is really appreciated.